Atmosphere Exploit

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
I've recently been experimenting with an pretty interesting exploit. Using parachutes and the buggy atmosphere physics to go kilometers per second in a few frames :D

The concept:
Put two sets of fully deployed parachutes on both ends of a horizontal strut stick, cut one set of parachutes and the entire contraption will spin in the direction of the cut parachutes, if spun fast enough the game will do funky things and you may gain kilometers per second of velocity in certain directions, pretty cool trick eh?
Demonstration
"Paragine" method
Basically trying to use this as an "engine" to launch payload.
"The process"
Usually when testing I try to create a quick save before spinning or a frame or two before glitching/launching. Very reliable and fast method to get results and eventually be able to launch at the right angle and into the sun.
Demonstration
You might have noticed how high the capsules' temperature gets, while not burning. Well the neat thing about the Paragine method is that most of the time the game will ignire the fact that you are reaching maximum temperature of whatever part many times over. Infact, it seems to negate all heat experienced, so long as you still have above maximum temperature before experiencing even more. This allows us to use the Paragine method... without any cheats. (Obv you see that in the video)
Many capsules are clipped to simulator high mass, it was a few hundred tons so big things can be launched. Also, the length of the strut stick seems to have a slight effect, making a more reliable launch with greater length, as well as the amount of parachutes in each set. Fps does have an effect, you want it to be 30 so you have a greater chance to skip frames and such.
I was able to launch my little shittle.
It is more complex than a single square filled with one or many capsules, so it lags a lot when trying to launch, but it shows that this is a viable method of transportation :)
Demonstration

Credits to UBFB on the main discord for finding the base form of this, they did get to the point of launching things out of Earth's SOI.
Also forgive me if this is a bad explanation, and that I don't know how to put gifs on the forum without it being blasted to shit

Yourrandomcomrade

Moon Maker
Man on the Moon
Registered
I've recently been experimenting with an pretty interesting exploit. Using parachutes and the buggy atmosphere physics to go kilometers per second in a few frames :D

The concept:
Put two sets of fully deployed parachutes on both ends of a horizontal strut stick, cut one set of parachutes and the entire contraption will spin in the direction of the cut parachutes, if spun fast enough the game will do funky things and you may gain kilometers per second of velocity in certain directions, pretty cool trick eh?
Demonstration
"Paragine" method
"The process"
Usually when testing I try to create a quick save before spinning or a frame or two before glitching/launching. Very reliable and fast method to get results and eventually be able to launch at the right angle and into the sun.
Demonstration
You might have noticed how high the capsules' temperature gets, while not burning. Well the neat thing about the Paragine method is that most of the time the game will ignire the fact that you are reaching maximum temperature of whatever part many times over. Infact, it seems to negate all heat experienced, so long as you still have above maximum temperature before experiencing even more. This allows us to use the Paragine method... without any cheats. (Obv you see that in the video)
Many capsules are clipped to simulator high mass, it was a few hundred tons so big things can be launched. Also, the length of the strut stick seems to have a slight effect, making a more reliable launch with greater length, as well as the amount of parachutes in each set.
It is more complex than a single square filled with one or many capsules, so it lags a lot when trying to launch, but it shows that this is a viable method of transportation :)
Demonstration

Credits to UBFB on the main discord for finding the base form of this, they did get to the point of launching things out of Earth's SOI.
Also forgive me if this is a bad explanation, and that I don't know how to put gifs on the forum without it being blasted to shit
Cool :)

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Heat shields are to absorb whatever heat might actually damage stuff, but usually it just exceeds the limit and isn't counted for some reason

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
You can take out the capsule and heat shields to launch something else. Just make sure you encase it it a layer or box of heat shields and have it on the ends of both sides (for reliability), as well as keeping the twr high. Beware though, more complex rockets will cause more lag

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Forgot to mention, Se008 for finding early concepts of launching stuff with weird parachute physics. Though they did have a very different setup, they also inspired and gave me ideas to expand on.
Also Khazzie ;)

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
I can't use this anyway, don't have expansion
You don't need it, simply replace the titans with hawks and the bigger struts or fuel tanks with smaller ones. A little bit more work but just need to replace a few parts :)
If you want I can do that myself, just not now

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022

The concept:
Demonstration
"Paragine" method
"The process"
Demonstration
Many capsules are clipped to simulator high mass, it was a few hundred tons so big things can be launched. Also, the length of the strut stick seems to have a slight effect, making a more reliable launch with greater length, as well as the amount of parachutes in each set. Fps does have an effect, you want it to be 30 so you have a greater chance to skip frames and such.
Demonstration

Try to get a new voyager quest record with this

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Yes it works on mobile and steam, here is the link and a picture
https://sharing.spaceflightsimulator.app/rocket/DTtr_8W_Ee6LiUVkBXBP0w
View attachment 113716
Press the on button first then activate staging twice, this will turn engines on and deploy parachutes. Activate staging once more when the parachutes are fully deployed to cut on side, turn in the direction of the cut parachutes and physics timewarp
Turn in the direction the contraption wants to go in....

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Forgot to mention, Se008 for finding early concepts of launching stuff with weird parachute physics. Though they did have a very different setup, they also inspired and gave me ideas to expand on.
Also Khazzie ;)
Se might have corrupted his world and created a part using my launcher, pretty cool stuff

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
Se might have corrupted his world and created a part using my launcher, pretty cool stuff
The rockets txt
```"rocketName":"","location":{"address":"Sun","position":{"x":19144666956185.359,"y":47123362049596.523},"velocity":{"x":10761.49530040422,"y":26487.501670878351}},"rotation":336.390869,"angularVelocity":0.0,"throttleOn":true,"throttlePercent":1.0,"RCS":false,"parts":[{"n":"Parachute","p":{"x":0.0,"y":0.0},"o":{"x":1.0,"y":1.0,"z":0.0},"t":"-Infinity","N":{"deploy_state":2.0,"animation_state":2.0,"temperature":"-Infinity"},"burns":{"angle":-26.223175,"intensity":1.4822824,"x":0.0,"top":"-46,14,-40,25,-40,25,-22,34,-22,34,-17,34,-17,34,17,-34,","bottom":"-46,14,-17,-45,-17,-45,-5,-47,-5,-47,13,-38,13,-38,17,-34,"}}],"joints":[],"stages":[],"staging_EditMode":false,"branch":8}```

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
The rockets txt
```"rocketName":"","location":{"address":"Sun","position":{"x":19144666956185.359,"y":47123362049596.523},"velocity":{"x":10761.49530040422,"y":26487.501670878351}},"rotation":336.390869,"angularVelocity":0.0,"throttleOn":true,"throttlePercent":1.0,"RCS":false,"parts":[{"n":"Parachute","p":{"x":0.0,"y":0.0},"o":{"x":1.0,"y":1.0,"z":0.0},"t":"-Infinity","N":{"deploy_state":2.0,"animation_state":2.0,"temperature":"-Infinity"},"burns":{"angle":-26.223175,"intensity":1.4822824,"x":0.0,"top":"-46,14,-40,25,-40,25,-22,34,-22,34,-17,34,-17,34,17,-34,","bottom":"-46,14,-17,-45,-17,-45,-5,-47,-5,-47,13,-38,13,-38,17,-34,"}}],"joints":[],"stages":[],"staging_EditMode":false,"branch":8}```
Which is this
image.png

Using his setup you can achieve this too
Screenshot_20240215-115432.png