Back to SFS celebration and fresh start

I haven't been playing SFS for 5 months(because of online school, anime, other games, house chores etc.) and now I decided to play it again.

First I went to my previous game and cleaned up stuff in LEO more like I gave up after cleaning up 1% of junk

Then I started a new game and finished the tutorials.

Next, I plan on docking 8 of these satellites to high moon orbit.
Screenshot_20200731-181940_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Screenshot_20200731-100038_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Any comments? Suggestions on what I should do next? I'm trying to avoid Kessler syndrome.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I haven't been playing SFS for 5 months(because of online school, anime, other games, house chores etc.) and now I decided to play it again.

First I went to my previous game and cleaned up stuff in LEO more like I gave up after cleaning up 1% of junk

Then I started a new game and finished the tutorials.

Next, I plan on docking 8 of these satellites to high moon orbit.
View attachment 42805
View attachment 42806
Any comments? Suggestions on what I should do next? I'm trying to avoid Kessler syndrome.
Welcome back. So what's your plan for these? Why do you need so many?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
A computer 2m wide and 1m high should outperform almost anything on Earth...
Would need huge solar panels and radiators tho.o_O

Edit: hey, I got it! Add everything that a data processing system needs, SPQRALAN.
Solar array, power storage, cooling loop, radiators and heat sinks, etc.
Could be awesome!

Would need huge solar panels and radiators tho.o_O

Edit: hey, I got it! Add everything that a data processing system needs, SPQRALAN.
Solar array, power storage, cooling loop, radiators and heat sinks, etc.
Could be awesome!
excellent idea. Hopefully I don't get kessler syndrome on the moon.

Power storage
Didn't they take out batteries?

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
A computer 2m wide and 1m high should outperform almost anything on Earth...
Keep in mind the probe would contain things like reaction wheels, some source of energy, communications, etc.
But still, that would be a massive computer lol

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Keep in mind the probe would contain things like reaction wheels, some source of energy, communications, etc.
But still, that would be a massive computer lol
There should be some kind of shielding against radiations too. From what I know, space computers are not made too powerful because more miniaturized components also mean that they are more sensitive to radiations that can mess with bits...

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
There should be some kind of shielding against radiations too. From what I know, space computers are not made too powerful because more miniaturized components also mean that they are more sensitive to radiations that can mess with bits...
Yeah, so the computer is most likely not super powerful. There are a lot of subsystems that must be in it.

T

TtTOtW

That I didn't know.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
-Usually its called spacecraft bus, but depends on Satellite how big is it.

-As far as i know the JWST has a boxy size (its medium size) that houses the comms. dish, the computers, rcs, propellants, some cryo thingy to keep JWST cool, and more things inside that bus...

-And maybe he mean the Super Computers in NASA which is huge and can't be boarded unless its space shuttles.

-But in Satellite, the computer must be small or medium but more durable due to radiation etc. And it must be workin properly for if doesn't mission over.

Idk maybe its a long one for me???

T

TtTOtW

-Usually its called spacecraft bus, but depends on Satellite how big is it.

-As far as i know the JWST has a boxy size (its medium size) that houses the comms. dish, the computers, rcs, propellants, some cryo thingy to keep JWST cool, and more things inside that bus...

-And maybe he mean the Super Computers in NASA which is huge and can't be boarded unless its space shuttles.

-But in Satellite, the computer must be small or medium but more durable due to radiation etc. And it must be workin properly for if doesn't mission over.

Idk maybe its a long one for me???
No, I like to hear your opinions :D

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No, I like to hear your opinions :D
welp in short there is that the computers onboard the satellites are small even first satellites flown back to 60's.... :D :D :D

T

TtTOtW

I'm not used to SFS 1.5 docking system. Yes I can successfully dock in 1.5 but it takes 3 tries because there's no closet approch line telling me how to adjust my orbit.

Tips?
As long as you get the numbers at the transfer point to zero, you'll encounter. When it shoots up a bit after, ignore it. It will only delay docking.