<BETA> Brioche Space Program

brioche

Modder
Registered
This is a thread for an as-of-now unreleased mod that will be my entry to the Picospace modding contest.

I plan to add modular base components, these being a few examples.
1693372859040.png

I also plan to add some heavy-duty rocket components to launch these bases. Here is a WIP modded version of one of my custom BSP rockets.
1693373081691.png

Please give me suggestions for base components, and I may add them.

Edit: download here

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sportgus

Cool! Some suggestions
Hydroponics, ore mining and refineries, storage facilities, actual landing or launchpads, upgradable facilities, the ability to launch from somewhere else but needing upgrade to launch more mass or something, astronaut complexes, toilet

S

Sportgus

An actual science collecting system, reactor tech, colonies or remnants of colonies in some places

elan

Registered
I recommend adding expanding solar farms and expanding habitation domes.
when do you plan on releasing this mod?

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
This is a thread for an as-of-now unreleased mod that will be my entry to the Picospace modding contest.

View attachment 106345

I also plan to add some heavy-duty rocket components to launch these bases. Here is a WIP modded version of one of my custom BSP rockets.
View attachment 106346

What about a robotic arm, like CanadaArm? You could have a docking port on the end, and select joints to change the angles. It'd be a slow process to move it, but the real on isn't too fast either.

View attachment 106345

View attachment 106346

how about a satellite dish. could be a fun decoration, or solar panel arrays you can put on top of them, like make a solar field. or an oxygen tank, could just be a large tank with the word oxygen or some sort of warning as a texture. if you do end up adding O2 tanks, having a really low combustion value to make it burn easier would make a lot of sense. and i like the pipe texture/model, you could add some different versions of that. i think pipes and other things like that for decor in bases could look really amazing and make things look really really realistic. love your stuff btw.

An actual science collecting system, reactor tech, colonies or remnants of colonies in some places
that actually does sound amazing, like imagine a wreck of a colony on mars, but thats more of a world download or solar system, science collection is probably gonna be difficult but sounds alright. probably gonna have to be a different mod entirely.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered

View attachment 106345

View attachment 106346

Once again your work looks amazing!

brioche

Modder
Registered
Unfortunately, due to school starting, I was not able to get the product to a finished state or anywhere close to. I'll be releasing this as a beta for now. I plan to update this now and again, but work is underway for BR-Gemini, so it could be a bit.

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Orion

Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Custom parts