Big base

hello! I already made the "foothold" base, So I wanted to try a bigger one. Im not very good at this game, but I am good at putting 12 wide large fuel tanks, so I did the 7 launch base in 3 launches (maybe I should have submitted it as a "foothold" but I already did that one). Here it is !
20220727193801_1.jpg

You can see to the left there is a landing pad, then a moon rover that will fit the base dwellers inside so they can go visit the foothold base I have a few hundred meters away :) then the airlock for the rover, and the living area, complete with 2 windows. To the right of that, we see the work and communications area connected by another joining piece, with 2 radio antennas and the solar panels providing emergency power in case the nuclear reactor dies. You can see the orange Airlock, with a ramp so astronauts can walk up to the main work area. then of course is the reactor.

Now I will post my proof pictures.
20220727190408_1.jpg

here is the rover, work and comms area, and the launchpad.
20220727154847_1.jpg

here is the living area

20220727153413_1.jpg

these are some connecting bits and the comm tower

and finally, I present to you- The base as originally designed in infinite buildspace mode!
20220727150015_1.jpg

Thank you for reading/seeing/viewing, this is a fun challenge but I feel like I've kind of maxed out my base building skills now. I cant wait to see if there will be an august challenge I can do!

also thanks to the moderator who has to approve this post- remember to drink some water and don't be dehydrated

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Can you show buildscreen pictures of the rockets? :)
And how were the parts landed on Moon?

Can you show buildscreen pictures of the rockets? :)
And how were the parts landed on Moon?
20220727155230_1.jpg

this stage looked about the same for all three launches, and took them down to the near surface, then I detached the base module and let the booster crash into the surface while I steered the base with copious amounts of rcs. attached are the rockets being built

Attachments