Black Panther

Bot 69

Registered
Hello! I dod not post yesterday because I was makeing this! It cam cary 1000 tons to LEO or maybe further as far as i know. Feel free to redesign it.
Screenshot_2020-09-22-20-31-04-40_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png
Screenshot_2020-09-22-20-30-57-23_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png
Screenshot_2020-09-22-20-29-08-32_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Attachments

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, that wuld mean something like a 70% payload to mass fraction. With that TWR... Doesn't seem reallistic.
before i declare it a heavy launcher i usually fill the payload bay with mass simulator for example this rocket filled up with 3-4 12 meter tanks and see if it can reach longer and higher and attain orbit...

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
before i declare it a heavy launcher i usually fill the payload bay with mass simulator for example this rocket filled up with 3-4 12 meter tanks and see if it can reach longer and higher and attain orbit...
currently i'm makin a 1k ton rocket carrier......thou subject to delays due to school and other factors....

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
He can be sure because thrust / weight is 3.14. :D:D
At launch, yes. He'll be able to get about 1500tons off the ground.

However, once those wing shaped booster sections come off, there's only one single titan providing thrust. And from that point onwards, there is only one direction that rocket is going.

Back down.

Does anyone like it?
I like the shape. But you need to do some work if you want to do what you say it'll do.

It has engines on top of engines.
You may also notice that wing engines doesn't work
Try to turn all engines on
Why don't the wing engines work? They look like they should do, there are tanks attached.

I've not flown it. But do you have engines on top of engines on all 3 stages? I don't think you've got enough thrust on stages 2 and 3 or enough fuel throughout.

T

TtTOtW

Try to turn all engines on
That won't help. The more engines, the more the weight. Also, the more engines, the more your drag. Which kills your performance from the moment you exceed 20m/s. So no. Wing engines don't work? Even worse. Just dead weight.

At launch, yes. He'll be able to get about 1500tons off the ground.

However, once those wing shaped booster sections come off, there's only one single titan providing thrust. And from that point onwards, there is only one direction that rocket is going.

Back down.

I like the shape. But you need to do some work if you want to do what you say it'll do.

Why don't the wing engines work? They look like they should do, there are tanks attached.

I've not flown it. But do you have engines on top of engines on all 3 stages? I don't think you've got enough thrust on stages 2 and 3 or enough fuel throughout.
I said feel free to redesigne it
Im sorry for bad rocket.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Dude, we're not having a go at you.

I understand how the engines ontop of each other concept works. I'm not a particular fan of it, but it's not my show.

My point is dv. You need more of it. 1400 ton wet mass isn't enough to put 1000tons+ into LEO. You're going to need at minimum around 3500-4000 tons. That's not me being a dick. Thats physics.

A simple answer to my question of 'are you sure?' would be a screen shot of it in LEO with 1000tons under the fairing.

T

TtTOtW

Bot 69 here's your rocket revised:
Screenshot_20200923-140402.png

Screenshot_20200923-140408.png

Screenshot_20200923-140318.png

Screenshot_20200923-135305.png
224.25t to orbit: a full fairing so that means it's not a shit rocket. No triple engines or overlapping tanks. It is, in fact, a decent rocket throughout in the hands of a skilled pilot. S3 can even be halved in fuel, and still do the job. Plus it looks bloody nice.

Last edited by a moderator: