Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Howdy, I'm working on some recreations of some rockets in a thread but i keep running into an annoying issue. Circles. I can't make a decent circle to save my life. And the few good circles i've made have part counts higher than the moon. So any way to make low part count circles quickly? (No part mods of course)

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Howdy, I'm working on some recreations of some rockets in a thread but i keep running into an annoying issue. Circles. I can't make a decent circle to save my life. And the few good circles i've made have part counts higher than the moon. So any way to make low part count circles quickly? (No part mods of course)
What type? Disks or an annulus?

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Whatever uses the least amount of parts and looks most like a circle

1. Pick the size of part you want to use. Save that part as “A”
2. Go into the BP. Rotate it 10 degrees, and import it. Stacking the pieces directly on top of eachother.
IMG_1149.png

3 continue doing this for 20, 30, 40, (or any increments you’d like), up to 80 degrees. All stacked like so. Then duplicate it (in case you mess up)
IMG_1153.png

(You may consider saving this as a template to make future circles.

4. Take one of the stacks, and spread the pieces out. Be careful not to snap them into anything.
5. Decide what radius you want your circle to be. Then copy each piece enough to make the stacks that high, keeping your original piece on the bottom.
IMG_1167.png

(I chose to use 8 as a radius)

6. When you have all your stacks, stack them on top of eachother so that the bottom pieces are positioned the same as they were before you spread them out.
IMG_1159.jpeg

I put the rest of the instructions on this screenshot to save time and space.
IMG_1165.jpeg

Good luck
IMG_1166.png

Attachments

Alternately, you can make a small set of tanks like this. (When they’re small they will snap togetjer.). And you can use snapping as a guide for your larger tanks. From here you should he able to figure out how to bring them closer to fill the gaps, or spread them out further. As you can see in the final pic, the shading of the circle eventually reverses You can remedy this by putting a negative in front of the height for one side or the other I hope this helps
IMG_1169.png
IMG_1171.png
IMG_1172.png

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm pretty sure Astatium_209 has a python script that can generate rings

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
1. Pick the size of part you want to use. Save that part as “A”

I put the rest of the instructions on this screenshot to save time and space.

Good luck
That's neat and all, But i think its a bit overkill on the part-count aspect of things. Like for a small circle it'd still be a significant amount of parts. For larger things that method would make more sense though. If only there was a circle in the vanilla game, as a single object.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
If only there was a circle in the vanilla game, as a single object.
There isn't a singular part for a circle, but you can make something fairly round with stock fairings, you can also make better circles (well balls) with bp edited fairings and trig, I'll try to make something later

Last edited:
That's neat and all, But i think it’s a bit overkill on the part-count aspect of things. Like for a small circle it'd still be a significant amount of parts. For larger things that method would make more sense though. If only there was a circle in the vanilla game, as a single object.
Ah ok. Sorry it wasn’t more helpful. I have these too. But I’m not really I’m sure what you’re after. Im on mobile so I don’t have any access to mods and such.
IMG_0225.png

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Thank you. I pride myself on having nice balls☺️

Btw. Is this circle thing I posted above worthy of being posted in tutorials, or no?
Go ahead. If its useful then perfect. But then in my opinion, I NEED THOSE BALLS

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Ty. Shoot me a DM if you actually want them lol, I’ll give a link.
Oh I use file as I dont really like link tho but then thats up to you.(Also non-dlc as you see here but I can get the smaller ones thank you)