Breaking the unbreakable?

First off, I don't know if this is possible, but here goes...

Break a folded solar panel. No cheats, glitches allowed. So basically try and design a superweapon to smash armor. If this is not possible and has been tested, mods, pleas deal with this thread as you see fit.

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
First off, I don't know if this is possible, but here goes...

Break a folded solar panel. No cheats, glitches allowed. So basically try and design a superweapon to smash armor. If this is not possible and has been tested, mods, pleas deal with this thread as you see fit.
You can break the blocks behind it and bigger ones are baisically inpenitrable with certain layouts.

You can break the blocks behind it and bigger ones are baisically inpenitrable with certain layouts.
If you're talking about their invincibility, I've built indestructible rocket sleds fully encased in solar panels. I'm talking about the possibility of being able to break a folded one

Zeeray13

Merlin Master
Registered
If you're talking about their invincibility, I've built indestructible rocket sleds fully encased in solar panels. I'm talking about the possibility of being able to break a folded one
Yes you cant break one something that will br fixed next update

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
The only thing you can do is to break the structure holding the SP and then hit the SP from BEHIND, where its supposed to attach... It works...

But to break a folded SP hitting it in the SP side...? No, not possible. They can resist crashes of even 1000 m/s

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
When a g-force system is implemented, all your vehicles will be rendered useless against high impact.
Ha, when g forces and flight stresses are introduced, most peoples vehicles are going to be rendered useless just getting off the ground

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Ha, when g forces and flight stresses are introduced, most peoples vehicles are going to be rendered useless just getting off the ground
My rockets don't have overhanging bits, thank you very much. :p;)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
My rockets don't have overhanging bits, thank you very much. :p;)
Doesn't matter, they'll still break in half if they're not strong enough...

Ha, and my overhangy bits are strong like ox. And if push comes to shove, it'll just edit the nacelles to rotate the engines outwards 15 degress so the plume clears the core

Doesn't matter, they'll still break in half if they're not strong enough...

Ha, and my overhangy bits are strong like ox. And if push comes to shove, it'll just edit the nacelles to rotate the engines outwards 15 degress so the plume clears the core
So, the most basic construction is the most reliable, tank+capsule+engine. All of our strange fairing-covered rockets held together by small bits of structure parts would... well you know the rest.

Depending on your altitude and pressure, approximately 7-10 degrees should suffice.

In vacuum however and depending on the burn time, countering for plume blast as well, short burst types to be installed near structures should exceed angular displacements of at least 12 degrees, sustained burn engines should be away from any structure (i.e mounted at the end), no angular displacements will help in this case.

Last edited:

SupremeDorian

Idiotic Professor
Professor
Registered
Yes you cant break one something that will br fixed next update
Actually, I believe Stef said at some point that he probably won't fix the unbreakable solar panels because there's not really any point to fixing it and people like having them be unbreakable.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
He told me that he would remove that bug and maybe add airbags to compensate.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
He told me that he would remove that bug and maybe add airbags to compensate.
Ha, removing unbreakable panels won't just kill 'armour', but their use as pushing/lifting objects and smooth liners as well. It'll have a knock on effect that airbags ain't gonna fill

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Anything that might help make the game more reallistic will be welcome.

Invincible solar panels.... is not reallistic.