Building tricks

So I've been watching YouTube and seen lots of different rocket designs with some really strange moving parts, fairing parts which stay on the vessel after activation (to make some kind of antennas and storages), overlapping things like rocket inside a bigger rocket an even some warped parts or parts attached in some angles like 10° and so on.
I'm feeling kinda noob :( and wonder how all those things actually work, cause they allow to create some awesome stuff.
Any advices?

InSight

Registered
So I've been watching YouTube and seen lots of different rocket designs with some really strange moving parts, fairing parts which stay on the vessel after activation (to make some kind of antennas and storages), overlapping things like rocket inside a bigger rocket an even some warped parts or parts attached in some angles like 10° and so on.
I'm feeling kinda noob :( and wonder how all those things actually work, cause they allow to create some awesome stuff.
Any advices?
Best advice:
screw around. Yup, try different things, and it is ok to make mistakes

Chara-cter

37°14′0″N 115°48′30″W
Man on the Moon
Registered
Any advices?
I think it's .bp editing (editing the file game)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Yes, some of those tricks come from blueprint editing. I'm not the best at this, but I figured out a few tricks.

First, the blueprints are located under this path (Android):
My files/Internal storage/Android/data/com.StefMorojna.SpaceflightSimulator/files/Saving/Blueprints.
You should make a shortcut for this.
Blueprints are initially .bp files, but if you change the extension with .txt, you can open them and edit them as normal text files.
Here is an example:
Screenshot_20190102-160613_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
The associated blueprint looks like this:
20190102_161044.jpg
Each piece has position data (x is horizontal coordinate, y vertical), and orientation data.
You can change the position like that (even put a piece at a location the game wouldn't allow you normally, like superimposed on another piece), and rotate and stretch it with the orientation data.
The z value is the rotation angle in degrees, x and y allow to stretch the piece horizontally and vertically. Those values can even be negative (negating a value will "mirror" the piece), but they must be integers.

Here is an example if I edit the above blueprint:
Screenshot_20190102-160901_QuickEdit.jpg Screenshot_20190102-160947_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
The uppest part is stretched horizontally, because I set x to 2. The second one is stretched vertically (y = 2).
I set the z value to 45 and 10 for the third and fourth one.

There may be other tricks, I haven't practiced much, but this is the basis. :)

Good. iOS users can't do .bp editing yet as far as we have figured.
By the way, are there some graphical .bp editors? I'm not a programmer, but it should be not too complicated to write such a thing which will interpret user touch manipulations with parts and write them down as a .bp text.

iOS warranty, modding is perfectly allowed, but 2 problems, we would need an entire new SFSML, as iOS does not use .apk files, they use .ipa. Second, accessing the root files of iOS voids your warranty