Caelus LSS Community Station

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello! I'm Zack. As an excuse for getting better at docking, I am starting the Caelus LSS. If you can't already tell by the title, it's a space station in Lunar Orbit.

Rules:
-Nothing over 1 kiloton.
-Add docking ports. (Whichever is fine!)
-Don't make it ridiculously gigantic.

Screenshot_20240423-200242.png

Orbit
Screenshot_20240423-200246.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright here are some shuttles so you can transfer things from the station to say a moon base or an earth space station, they don't have heat shields so don't melt em. The orbiter for the shuttles should have enough delta V to get to your station, though if it doesn't you can transfer fuel from the shuttles. some things on the shuttles might not load right since your on mobile but eh. (i was gonna do one shuttle but i couldn't figure out how to balance it right)
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 19.26.10.png

Rocket Link

The orbiter doesn't have a probe so don't detach the shuttles unless you are already docked, or you could throw away the orbiter

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Alright here are some shuttles so you can transfer things from the station to say a moon base or an earth space station, they don't have heat shields so don't melt em. The orbiter for the shuttles should have enough delta V to get to your station, though if it doesn't you can transfer fuel from the shuttles. some things on the shuttles might not load right since your on mobile but eh. (i was gonna do one shuttle but i couldn't figure out how to balance it right)
View attachment 117854
Rocket Link

The orbiter doesn't have a probe so don't detach the shuttles unless you are already docked, or you could throw away the orbiter
Great addition! It might take a while cuz school stuff lol (also I'm going to bed rn and I'm exhausted from testing)

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
View attachment 117854
Rocket Link

Docked! I decided to only dock one shuttle for conservation of docking space, but it made a great addition! I'll try flying it down to my surface base soon.
Screenshot_20240424-163029.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Docked! I decided to only dock one shuttle for conservation of docking space, but it made a great addition! I'll try flying it down to my surface base soon.
Nice, The second shuttle was only really there to balance the launcher tbh, am i allowed to send more segments or am i limited to the shuttle?

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, here are some fuel tanks you can use, they are empty. The launcher is 3 staged, you should have around 4000 m/s of delta V to play with one you get to LEO. Rocket Link
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 15.53.02.png
Screenshot 2024-04-24 at 15.53.09.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
yeah i probably should've used some darker colors lol, ah well these community stations never really look cohesive anyway lol

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello! I'm Zack. As an excuse for getting better at docking, I am starting the Caelus LSS. If you can't already tell by the title, it's a space station in Lunar Orbit.

Rules:
-Nothing over 1 kiloton.
-Add docking ports. (Whichever is fine!)
-Don't make it ridiculously gigantic.

View attachment 117848

Orbit
View attachment 117849
Update!
Instead of the "Caelus LSS", this station will now be called "Caelus I" due to me reusing it for C.A. Orbit. My next project will be a surface base on the Asteroid, since it seems this thread was doomed from the start to be underwhelming.