Solved can't locate other ship if orbiting around the sun

S

SleepNpilot

I can find and dock to any ship all day long but anytime I attempt to dock to a ship that is orbiting the sun,the other ship is not visible to game mode. I even built a ship 30 times bigger just to increase the odds of finding it while zoomed out awaiting intersection. In map mode. the closest intersection (dashed line) is to one dot or nonexistent. Is this a glitch? Trust me I know all the tricks of intersecting another ship and still nothing. In map mode while zoomed in to its max, the two triangles are literally on top of each other yet no other ship is to be seen flying by no matter how far I zoom out in game mode. Am I missing something.

Infinity

Discord Staff
Registered
Sounds like you just gotta try and go even closer, may look like its close but as its in sun orbit, it is probably more far away, but dont trust me on this.

Also as far as Im corcerned there is no bug that wouldnt allow you to do such thing, the best option is to keep trying

S

SleepNpilot

I'll take your advice but it just seems to easy to just keep trying. If two orbits intersect, mathematically and physically you can't get any closer. Though I'll keep trying. Any other's have more advice?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I'll take your advice but it just seems to easy to just keep trying. If two orbits intersect, mathematically and physically you can't get any closer. Though I'll keep trying. Any other's have more advice?
Well it’s difficult, when orbiting a planet it’s easy to line up the lines perfectly and see the other ship, but when orbiting the sun even if it looks like a perfect line up the two ship are hundreds of times further apart. I generally just build whatever I’m building in the orbit of a planet then push it in to Sun orbit:)

N

noire

I can find and dock to any ship all day long but anytime I attempt to dock to a ship that is orbiting the sun,the other ship is not visible to game mode. I even built a ship 30 times bigger just to increase the odds of finding it while zoomed out awaiting intersection. In map mode. the closest intersection (dashed line) is to one dot or nonexistent. Is this a glitch? Trust me I know all the tricks of intersecting another ship and still nothing. In map mode while zoomed in to its max, the two triangles are literally on top of each other yet no other ship is to be seen flying by no matter how far I zoom out in game mode. Am I missing something.
i think its because you are zoomed way further out. like when you look in a planets SOI and in the suns SOI the orbit lines have always the same thickness/size no matter how zoomed in you are. the ships are visible but because you didnt notice apparently that you were zoomed out farther since you are looking at the entire solar system, you have to zoom in much further in the intersects of the orbits.

N

noire

on a more interesting note why tf would anyone do anything in sun orbit? its the most inefficient way of doing things, fuel wise and time wise. i dont know of any single case where doing it in sun orbit would be superior to doing in in a planets orbit and then transfering

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
on a more interesting note why tf would anyone do anything in sun orbit? its the most inefficient way of doing things, fuel wise and time wise. i dont know of any single case where doing it in sun orbit would be superior to doing in in a planets orbit and then transfering
Personally I have seriously considered the possibility of refueling around the Sun, why not after all? But this proved to be extremely painful indeed, so I gave up.
I managed to do it by zooming as much as possible in the map view (once the 2 ships are a few km away from each other), and piloting my ship from there to get a close encounter. That works, but as you can't easily evaluate the relative speed this is hard and requires a lot of patience.

T

TtTOtW

i wonder why you can make jokes but cry when i do it. smells like hypocrisy.
I spoke to him. A handful of people still expect you to take things too far, they don't know what you and I have spoken in private. That was legitimately funny and there is no reason to take offense. We don't deal harshly with people we don't like. We deal harshly with rebellious disrespectful trouble makers.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
I spoke to him. A handful of people still expect you to take things too far, they don't know what you and I have spoken in private. That was legitimately funny and there is no reason to take offense. We don't deal harshly with people we don't like. We deal harshly with rebellious disrespectful trouble makers.
Yup you can say that again

T

TtTOtW

honestly not my problem then if people want to project something evil on me to satisfy their victim complexes.
despite what i feel some people might be thinking here, i dont actually go around and scavenge threads to see "hmm i wonder who i can disrespect today"
im just mostly here when its night-morning in europe and i cant sleep or play vidya either because my neighbors have actually called the police on me already once as i apparently am too loud in the night
Ouch... where in Europe?

S

SleepNpilot

....nothing about superior way. It merely was to challenge myself. It was purely for amusement. Just like I see ones will suggest a challenge or a mission. Remember it is a game simulator. Anything goes.