Capsule model

Do you prefer this model or the old one with no heat shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why did stef change the Capsule model?
re-entry doesnt break your ship, does it?
why not wait until it DOES to add the new model?
it makes it harder to make a rocket that doesnt land with just the capsule. that will affect the game for me when most of my rockets use probes and i cant use a major part of the game in 1.6 when he adds astronauts (according to the road maps inside of the game)

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
What?? How will the new capsule texture affect your probe rockets?

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
it makes it harder to make a rocket that doesnt land with just the capsule
How? No one else seems to be having a problem with re-adding the 'heat shield' (I'm pretty sure there was a version where it had one in the past). The parts still fit together the same, they act the same, so why not?

that will affect the game for me when most of my rockets use probes and i cant use a major part of the game in 1.6 when he adds astronauts (according to the road maps inside of the game)
How will altering the capsule affect you using probes? Unless you're worried about your probe burning up during re-entry? Or worried about the game only using astronauts and him deleting probe cores?

You'll be able to use both. Bearing in mind the game already has astronauts (here we go again), he's just adding the ability to use them EVA, not creating them to replace probes considering un-manned space vehicles and guidance control rings exist in the real world.

And I'm just going to put this idea out there. When re-entry is implemented, more then just a capsule will have a heat shield. Otherwise it'll affect not just your probe powered rockets, but everything that people de-orbit (shuttles anyone?).

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Wait do you mean that the capsule is gonna be obligatory for reentry?
Unreallistic and unpractical, that would be.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
it makes it harder to make a rocket that doesnt land with just the capsule. that will affect the game for me when most of my rockets use probes and i cant use a major part of the game in 1.6 when he adds astronauts (according to the road maps inside of the game)
Um what?

Wait do you mean that the capsule is gonna be obligatory for reentry?
When re-entry effects and heat are added (in the far future), anything that doesn't have a heatshield will go boom.
I presume that Stef will add heatshield parts that we can put on our shuttles and probes.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
What I don't like about the new capsule is that It can't be attached from below, the heat shield doesn't let to stick it to a fuel tank, or anything. Apart from that I'm perfectly fine with the new capsule

Berg

Registered
you can change the model of the capsule by editing the blueprint just remove the New from the name of the capsule

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
you can change the model of the capsule by editing the blueprint just remove the New from the name of the capsule
I know, but you know... "Bp editing is the devil", "BEGONE, bp editing!", "Oh, Hi, part clipping..." and all that nonsense.

T

TtTOtW

I was gonna say that, lol. Anyway,
I know, but you know... "Bp editing is the devil", "BEGONE, bp editing!", "Oh, Hi, part clipping..." and all that nonsense.
It's not evil, hahaha! Just gives immeasurable advantage in some challenges.

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
It's not evil, hahaha! Just gives immeasurable advantage in some challenges.
Does it? If you are talking about stretching engines, then completely agree with you.

Otherwise I still need someone to convince me why bp editing is evil, but part clipping is good. They are the same!

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Does it? If you are talking about stretching engines, then completely agree with you.

Otherwise I still need someone to convince me why bp editing is evil, but part clipping is good. They are the same!
No, .bp editing has more functions

T

TtTOtW

The only difference is part sizes and skins and textures. But where build space is a challenge limitation, overlapping tanks over one another is basically defeating the purpose of that limitation. So in such cases specifically this is prohibited. All other clipping and editing is allowed.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
ugh have any of u looked at the post? i said "WHEN HE ADDS ASTRONAUTS" and probes are unmanned, so they wont HAVE them.
Yeah, strangely enough we can read. My point still stands though. I don't get how him adding a heatshield early will effect you now or in 1.6. I don't see how him adding astronauts will effect you now or in 1.6. You'll still be able to use capsules in exactly the same way as you do now and you'll be able to use probes in exactly the same way as you do now.
You'll just have to add a heatshield to whatever you try landing from orbit that isn't a capsule when he eventually makes proper re-entry a thing.

Earl

Builder of Stupid Rockets // Pres Ben //|**|\\
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I'm gonna go with the old… old one. The one from 1.35 that is. Personally, I think 1.35>1.4>1.5.The 1.35 one was similar to the current one, but with the original 4x4 hitbox. The texture was also better. 1.4 is decent for what it is. 1.5 is too large and annoying imo.

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'm gonna go with the old… old one. The one from 1.35 that is. Personally, I think 1.35>1.4>1.5.The 1.35 one was similar to the current one, but with the original 4x4 hitbox. The texture was also better. 1.4 is decent for what it is. 1.5 is too large and annoying imo.
so its better capsule in 1.35 than the current one??? :D:D:D:D

ugh have any of u looked at the post? i said "WHEN HE ADDS ASTRONAUTS" and probes are unmanned, so they wont HAVE them.
maybe replace probe in manned spacecraft if were goin to deep space or interplanetary or just shoot astronaut while ridin in probe....

Last edited: