CCA Cargo Heavy-Launch I

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Hello, I'm Zack. Today, I would like to introduce to you all... The Caspian Aerospace Association's newest project, inspired by the ITSA Oslo,

The CAA CHL (Cargo Heavy-Lift)!
Screenshot_20240424-211106.png

In testing, I have determined it can send at least 200 tons to LEO. Further improvements and iterations will be made in the following weeks.

(Special thanks to mariohobbs for turning off engine heat! BP Editing is a pain on mobile.)

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Nice, the cargo bay seems to bulge out a bit though, you may want to add a fairing to the cargo bay to help reduce drag. But overall neat rocket, Can it only get to LEO or can it go farther?

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello, I'm Zack. Today, I would like to introduce to you all... The Caspian Aerospace Association's newest project, inspired by the ITSA Oslo,

The CAA CHL (Cargo Heavy-Lift)!
View attachment 117925
In testing, I have determined it can send at least 200 tons to LEO. Further improvements and iterations will be made in the following weeks.

(Special thanks to mariohobbs for turning off engine heat! BP Editing is a pain on mobile.)
Well, technically the ships by ITSA have a big payload capacity while thinking of aerodynamics

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I mean, but ITSA ships are like larger than the asteroid by earth, it doesn't really matter how aero-dynamic you are at that scale

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Nice, the cargo bay seems to bulge out a bit though, you may want to add a fairing to the cargo bay to help reduce drag. But overall neat rocket, Can it only get to LEO or can it go farther?
I have been able to reach HEO, but I would have to test the
I can also reach HEO, but I would have to test Δv before making assumptions on how far it can go.