Check out this BP Edited bad boy... (PC 1.35 with BuildSharer)

I don't remember the scaling, but if anyone wants to test out the Pencil (pictured below), post, and I'll put up the txt file for PC.
1567654483048.png

Also, if this goes in another, more relevant sub-forum, sorry... I was kinda tired when I made this post :p

Last edited:
WITHOUT the Aerodynamic cones? Hmm... Maybe a modified version... I could also just edit the side cones to fit, I'll see what I can do...

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Tips? I tried a basic bunch of tanks version, but that didn't take much to orbit. I might try something with BP edited engines, but I need to see a general structure :p

(I'm a VERY visual learner, btw)
Screenshot_20190722-194658.png

Here's your tip.

Carries 150 tons to Orbit.

ok, built a basic version and testing... I still need to figure out how to build a hinged door in PC 1.35, do I put a probe in the door? because when I switch to the door after undocking it, it's a few meters away from the shuttle. Door has RCS, so I'm fine with that. Do I use a rover wheel as the hinge, is it a motor, or a pivot point? The door, btw, is made from structural parts, and the shuttle's main tanks use BP edited, 3x y scaled, highly OP BFR engines :p

Not going for much realism here, so help would be appreciated...

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
I still need to figure out how to build a hinged door in PC 1.35, do I put a probe in the door? because when I switch to the door after undocking it, it's a few meters away from the shuttle.
Yeah, Its highly recommendable that you put a probe on the fairing, if your going for an RCS door.
Do I use a rover wheel as the hinge, is it a motor, or a pivot point?
If you're going for a hinged system like Danny Batten does I think the probe is not necessary, but I could be wrong, thats why I'm calling him.
The door, btw, is made from structural parts, and the shuttle's main tanks use BP edited, 3x y scaled, highly OP BFR engines :p

Not going for much realism here, so help would be appreciated...
If you need any more assistance, I think TtTOtW would be glad to help in the design of a shuttle.

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Yeah, Its highly recommendable that you put a probe on the fairing, if your going for an RCS door.

If you're going for a hinged system like Danny Batten does I think the probe is not necessary, but I could be wrong, thats why I'm calling him.

If you need any more assistance, I think TtTOtW would be glad to help in the design of a shuttle.
Hinges in sfs are rare and difficult. You can find ones that don’t require you to select the door to move it, but those generally don’t reconnect to the shuttle. So I would recommend having a hinge that does has a probe as if you select another part it can go flying off in to the distance.
My latest 90^ hinge has a feature that allows you to pop the hinge back in to the socket

T

TtTOtW

I'm definitely hinging the next shuttle's cargo door. I have some crazy requirements though

I might just do a throw away design, with a crew pod for earth based missions, and a probe for interplanetary missions, using crew if I plan on a return...

All that I have left is to take into account that my shuttle's cargo bay door is now a throw away design, and is made of batteries (useful!). The other side of the shuttle is also now made of batteries, and will have an assembly drone thingy that'll hopefully be returnable, along with the 7 man crew.

So my shuttle is almost? done, tested with a 240T payload to LEO, 10 man crew. Shuttle is not reusable at the moment, to allow for max cargo capacity. It has a medium? sized drone that contains 2 docking ports. They can dock 1 to the shuttle and 1 to the crew module (the 10 capsule cluster). the only BP edited thing is the Main tank. Will post pics after I get the initial crew back to Earth safely...