Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
UPDATE!!!

Version 2.5 is out! This release is compatible with the latest version of SFS to date (V1.5.9.8).

This version also includes a preliminary version of a new tool, my custom version of the docking arrows. This is what it looks like:
View attachment 96272

The blue arrow shows the relative velocity of the target while the red arrow shows you when and where will pass the targeted ship at its closest point. That arrow is replaced by a more conventional distance arrow when the closest point is passed.

This is very intuitive once you get used to it.
Burn in the direction showed by the red arrow to reduce the encounter distance:
View attachment 96273

Then burn in the direction showed by the glowing blue arrow to reduce your relative velocity:
View attachment 96274

This helps making your encounters very predictable. Unless you're a mad rocketeer that likes explosions of course! :cool:
View attachment 96275

To be fair, this is still a work in progress, I was forced to update the mod to restore the compatibility, but this is completely functional at that stage.

Don't hesitate to report any bug or make some suggestions!
Love it, can’t wait to try it out :cool:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Glad you appreciate guys, thanks for your return :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm literally on 1.5.9.7 and there are no sfs updates...
Because you play on mobile. All the content of this section is exclusively for the Steam version of SFS.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I'm starting to think that Stef is making updates only for pc except mobile
I'd like to keep this thread dedicated to my mod, for people that will look informations about it, that will report issues or suggestions and so on.
Please create your own thread or use the off-topic thread if you want to talk about SFS updates.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
UPDATE!!!

V2.5.1 is out. Use the download link from the first post as usual.

Not many changes, the docking arrows have been reworked, they are now cleaner and should not overlap anymore:
newArrows.gif

Apart from that I cleaned the code but I suppose that nobody cares :p

Unless something special happens this update will probably be the last as I see no major improvement I could bring to it. Of course I'll take bug reports or solve compatibility issues when the game evolves, but you can expect that mod to be final in its form.

That being said, let me be the first to perform an orbital limbo :D
limbo1.gif

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!

V2.5.1 is out. Not many changes, the docking arrows have been reworked, they are now cleaner and should not overlap anymore:
View attachment 96695
Apart from that I cleaned the code but I suppose that nobody cares :p

Unless something special happens this update will probably be the last as I see no major improvement I could bring to it. Of course I'll take bug reports or solve compatibility issues when the game evolves, but you can expect that mod to be final in its form.

That being said, let me be the first to perform an orbital limbo :D
View attachment 96696
you didnt give a download link to this version, how do you expect people to get it?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
you didnt give a download link to this version, how do you expect people to get it?
Use the link given in the first post:

How to install it?

Please go to releases, and download the latest version of the ClosestApproachLine.dll file,
then copy it into Spaceflight Simulator Game/Mods. The mod will then be available ingame.

To easily access the Mods folder, launch the game, go into the mod loader menu and click "Open Mods folder".
All versions are made available through a github repository, so the link given in the first post will always be valid. This is precisely to avoid that people have to browse through the whole discussion to get the latest version.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
One question,
Might just be me but doesn't your mod ANAIS have the closest approach line built in it or is this a separate mod? Btw I really like your mods :)
That's correct. That mod existed first, and ANAIS was built later based on it, so it inherited all of its functions. As Lemniscate Biscuit said it's still usable, but I personally recommend ANAIS that is more advanced. Thanks for your appreciation by the way :)

That's correct. That mod existed first, and ANAIS was built later based on it, so it inherited all of its functions. As Lemniscate Biscuit said it's still usable, but I personally recommend ANAIS that is more advanced. Thanks for your appreciation by the way :)
Sorry for the late reply too,
I also thank you for answering my question. I hope you have many more amazing mods to come :):D.