Collision engine

arezoa

Registered
I spent a lot of today working on trying to make tank treads i after discovering a way to make a hinge within the wheel i was able to make a scuffed/failed version 1 of some tank treads, in my second effort in making tank treads i spent more time in making the base wheel and hinge, after trying to reduce the size of the hinge i created this physics engine
2022-08-18_13-24.png
phyusic.png

if centered correctly the collisions from the parachutes and the wheel base cause the parachute hinge to start rapidly spining around the wheel, other than for more powerful wheels i don't know what uses are there for this but i just wanted to share my discovery

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Cool, a neat use for the could be a spin launcher that doesn’t require fuel if I had a quick lil blueprint of yer hinge I could probably throw something together

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
I spent a lot of today working on trying to make tank treads i after discovering a way to make a hinge within the wheel i was able to make a scuffed/failed version 1 of some tank treads, in my second effort in making tank treads i spent more time in making the base wheel and hinge, after trying to reduce the size of the hinge i created this physics engine
View attachment 89509 View attachment 89510

if centered correctly the collisions from the parachutes and the wheel base cause the parachute hinge to start rapidly spining around the wheel, other than for more powerful wheels i don't know what uses are there for this but i just wanted to share my discovery
Hmm this is a neat finding, parallel with the happenings of lone wheels bumping into other parts, or other wheels which cause them to shit themselves. How riveting! This information will provide useful in my potential strive to find a reliable collision engine. Infact I will share my findings with the forum if necessary. :)

Boom contributed to the thread

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Interesting..... a necro
I think that the "interesting..." could be a necro, though it could be improved by having a use of the original idea used underneath the interesting; though by saying "a necro" you yourself contribute nothing to this post. And his "interesting" alerted me of this post i had forgotten about for 2 years so it was useful to me.

Back to the subject of the post, Each parachute is around 0.5~ units long, meaning if someone were to try this it would be around 0.25x size for length of parachute, and i'll assume that its the same transformation for its length. When i'm able i think i'll try to recreate this in my world and then send a sharing link or a blueprint file. To be continued

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
I think that the "interesting..." could be a necro, though it could be improved by having a use of the original idea used underneath the interesting; though by saying "a necro" you yourself contribute nothing to this post. And his "interesting" alerted me of this post i had forgotten about for 2 years so it was useful to me.

Back to the subject of the post, Each parachute is around 0.5~ units long, meaning if someone were to try this it would be around 0.25x size for length of parachute, and i'll assume that its the same transformation for its length. When i'm able i think i'll try to recreate this in my world and then send a sharing link or a blueprint file. To be continued
I have been here more than you but ok... but then Sportgus already made a separate thread already. Also that people like Lemniscate does the necro warning so.....