J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Hello, I would like to create a community planet pack on the Alpha Centauri system. Any object can be added along as it’s not offensive in some way. I will say when it’s a go!

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello, I would like to create a community planet pack on the Alpha Centauri system. Any object can be added along as it’s not offensive in some way. I will say when it’s a go!
Like with real planets or original ones like in the KSP system?

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
This seems like an awesome project, hope it gets some contributions

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I gotta ask, are you gonna have the 3 stellar bodies orbiting around barycenters? Because that would be *chef's kiss* perfection. Also I would love to contribute something to orbit around Proxima Centauri, but idk what yet.

J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I gotta ask, are you gonna have the 3 stellar bodies orbiting around barycenters? Because that would be *chef's kiss* perfection. Also I would love to contribute something to orbit around Proxima Centauri, but idk what yet.
Right! Everyone start posting your files and tell me what you want it to orbit…

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Quick question, what software do you use for planet sculpting? I am attempting to use Terragen, but I fear that is beyond my ability at the moment.

J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Quick question, what software do you use for planet sculpting? I am attempting to use Terragen, but I fear that is beyond my ability at the moment.
I use any file editor I can get my hands on, and I also play on IOS so…

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Ok, here is my addition: Planet "Achille", based on the real, confirmed exoplanet Proxima Centauri b. The planet is tidally locked (hence the shading) within the habitat zone of its star, Proxima Centauri. It has an active atmosphere that is about 2x thicker than Earth's and driven by thermal convection between the 'day' and 'night' sides. It is in the middle of a transition between the long-decaying of its former greenhouse effect and the eventual stripping of it's atmosphere altogether; but this will happen on a geologic timescale, not relevant to current human exploration.

On the right side (toward the sun) the planet is scorched and superheated by the constant solar noon. On it's left, the midnight shade traps most of the planets water in thick ancient glacial deposits, and winter storms rage in an eternally violent, frigid system of convection storms. In the middle, it has a thin hospitable biome spanning its twilight-zone equator that contains liquid water and possibly, life. This is my first attempt making a planet, so I'm sure it could look better, but I hope ya like it.

Also let me know if I need to make the txt files [TEA]

Attachments

J3 Mângo

Planet Sculptor
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Ok, here is my addition: Planet "Achille", based on the real, confirmed exoplanet Proxima Centauri b. The planet is tidally locked (hence the shading) within the habitat zone of its star, Proxima Centauri. It has an active atmosphere that is about 2x thicker than Earth's and driven by thermal convection between the 'day' and 'night' sides. It is in the middle of a transition between the long-decaying of its former greenhouse effect and the eventual stripping of it's atmosphere altogether; but this will happen on a geologic timescale, not relevant to current human exploration.

On the right side (toward the sun) the planet is scorched and superheated by the constant solar noon. On it's left, the midnight shade traps most of the planets water in thick ancient glacial deposits, and winter storms rage in an eternally violent, frigid system of convection storms. In the middle, it has a thin hospitable biome spanning its twilight-zone equator that contains liquid water and possibly, life. This is my first attempt making a planet, so I'm sure it could look better, but I hope ya like it.

Also let me know if I need to make the txt files [TEA]
Cool, but I need the file to download it!