Copycat Entry - Saturn V / Apollo &(1 YEAR!!!)

Prox_xima

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello again, here's my entry for the Copycat Challenge:

It is a modification of my previous mass and isp tuned recreation of the Saturn V rocket. I replaced all of the custom parts and textures with stock parts, rebalanced the masses of each stage, removed separation retro-rockets, added more details for the command module, and restaged for an easy voyage. Oddly enough, the delta-V values remained fairly similar to the original, and it should theoretically be able to complete the entire Apollo mission sequence in realistic mode, but I have not bothered to test the full thing yet. For now, I just opted to put into LEO.

I did BP edit the heck out of this thing, but I only used 4 custom textures: light grey, slightly darker black textured, beige, and gold foil. No custom textures were used to simulate detailed components.

~Build Screen, Launchpad, & LEO~
Screenshot (143).png
Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (149).png

Screenshot (151).png

Here are some more details: Jettison of the LES & BPC; SLA fairing opens at an angle then sends the halves off into space; Details of the CM, SM, and LM
Screenshot (148).png

Screenshot (152).png

Screenshot (154).png

Here is the BP file for verification: Proximas Copycat Saturn-V.zip. I hope this is up to standard, but if not let me know.

It was a fun, but tedious challenge. I know SFS has its limitations, but it certainly is a powerful tool for getting DAMN close to simulating reality and spaceflight aesthetics with comparative ease.

Also...

Today marks *1 YEAR* since I joined the forum!!

Thanks to everyone on here with incredible ideas and projects for inspiring me to accomplish something this detailed (I'm lookin at you brioche). Thanks to the moderators like Mooncrasher and existing members for being so nice and genuinely cool. Thanks to Altaïr for inspiring my delta-V calculations through a spreadsheet of yours that I saw a long time ago. I've since created my own spreadsheet for analyzing builds that has lots of optimization tools, but I owe the seeds of my understanding to those who came before me. So, thank you, all of you. Although I haven't been here for all of it, this place made the year just a little bit better.

Cheers [TEA]

Attachments

Lemniscate Biscuit

ㅤㅤHelp DeskㅤㅤRL10 Expert
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
MOTY 2023
Hello again, here's my entry for the Copycat Challenge:

It is a modification of my previous mass and isp tuned recreation of the Saturn V rocket. I replaced all of the custom parts and textures with stock parts, rebalanced the masses of each stage, removed separation retro-rockets, added more details for the command module, and restaged for an easy voyage. Oddly enough, the delta-V values remained fairly similar to the original, and it should theoretically be able to complete the entire Apollo mission sequence in realistic mode, but I have not bothered to test the full thing yet. For now, I just opted to put into LEO.

I did BP edit the heck out of this thing, but I only used 4 custom textures: light grey, slightly darker black textured, beige, and gold foil. No custom textures were used to simulate detailed components.

~Build Screen, Launchpad, & LEO~ View attachment 109492 View attachment 109493
View attachment 109494
View attachment 109495

Here are some more details: Jettison of the LES & BPC; SLA fairing opens at an angle then sends the halves off into space; Details of the CM, SM, and LM
View attachment 109497
View attachment 109496
View attachment 109498

Here is the BP file for verification:Proximas Copycat Saturn-V.zip. I hope this is up to standard, but if not let me know.

It was a fun, but tedious challenge. I know SFS has its limitations, but it certainly is a powerful tool for getting DAMN close to simulating reality and spaceflight aesthetics with comparative ease.

Also...

Today marks *1 YEAR* since I joined the forum!!

Thanks to everyone on here with incredible ideas and projects for inspiring me to accomplish something this detailed (I'm lookin at you brioche). Thanks to the moderators like Mooncrasher and existing members for being so nice and genuinely cool. Thanks to Altaïr for inspiring my delta-V calculations through a spreadsheet of yours that I saw a long time ago. I've since created my own spreadsheet for analyzing builds that has lots of optimization tools, but I owe the seeds of my understanding to those who came before me. So, thank you, all of you. Although I haven't been here for all of it, this place made the year just a little bit better.

Cheers [TEA]
This is actually incredible.