Solved Crashing on Mars

K

Kirscovitch

So whenever I try to land on Mars, my height above the terrain is way off. It will read that I'm almost 600m above the surface when I'm ready to fully deploy the parachutes but then I end up crashing into the surface before I can deploy the chute. Idk what's going on.

GuHP20

《Sentinel》~ Pres Ben //|**|\\
Professor
Man on the Moon
Registered
So whenever I try to land on Mars, my height above the terrain is way off. It will read that I'm almost 600m above the surface when I'm ready to fully deploy the parachutes but then I end up crashing into the surface before I can deploy the chute. Idk what's going on.
You're landing close to Olympius Mons,try to aim before landing on Mars,that happened to me too.

K

Kirscovitch

So still having issues. Launched another mission and picked a spot to land a good distance away from Olympius Mons but still crashed and the height over the terrain is still off. Not sure what gives. But on a side note I finally got a satellite in orbit around Jupiter without any cheat codes :)

Attachments

K

Kirscovitch

Normally I don't use infinite fuel but wanted to make a small craft just to figure out why the terrain thing kept happening.
Switch off infinite fuel, it makes your rocket very heavy when you try to land. Fuel isn't light.