Design competition for a highly efficient and insanely powerful interstellar-capable non-conventional engine

Looking for a good engine design which I can use to practically travel point to point to any planet in the solar system in an insanely short amount of time relative to conventional propulsion (i.e. rocket engines).

Maybe a cluster of insanely scaled-up ion engines which make a spacecraft travel in a practically straight line and travel to Jupiter in under an Earth year compared to just using Hohmann transfers. Figure out which scale works best. I'll accept designs as long as:
- It's not comically huge and can fit on a conventional spacecraft as a subassembly-like part
- Can be turned off and on easily at will
- Uses practically microscopic amounts of fuel
- Doesn't use scaled-up chemical rocket engines such as the Titan, Hawk, Frontier, etc engines
- Insane amount of Delta-V, can practically travel to Jupiter and back to Earth a morbillion times using only a morbillionth of the fuel used by a conventional rocket

Recommended features:
- Modular
- Low parts to not lag
- Can be used to travel relatively quickly between star systems when playing in custom solar systems which incorporate other planetary and star systems inside galaxies and other galaxies

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Looking for a good engine design which I can use to practically travel point to point to any planet in the solar system in an insanely short amount of time relative to conventional propulsion (i.e. rocket engines).

Maybe a cluster of insanely scaled-up ion engines which make a spacecraft travel in a practically straight line and travel to Jupiter in under an Earth year compared to just using Hohmann transfers. Figure out which scale works best. I'll accept designs as long as:
- It's not comically huge and can fit on a conventional spacecraft as a subassembly-like part
- Can be turned off and on easily at will
- Uses practically microscopic amounts of fuel
- Doesn't use scaled-up chemical rocket engines such as the Titan, Hawk, Frontier, etc engines
- Insane amount of Delta-V, can practically travel to Jupiter and back to Earth a morbillion times using only a morbillionth of the fuel used by a conventional rocket

Recommended features:
- Modular
- Low parts to not lag
- Can be used to travel relatively quickly between star systems when playing in custom solar systems which incorporate other planetary and star systems inside galaxies and other galaxies
Morbillion :oops:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
In short you want other people to make an engine for you. That's not the spirit of the challenge section. It's a place to propose a challenge to anyone that is willing to test his skills at the game (and the one that proposes a challenge is supposed to do it himself first), not to have the others make something for you.

An engine with such characteristics would be completely broken to be honest, that would defeat the purpose of the game.

In short you want other people to make an engine for you. That's not the spirit of the challenge section. It's a place to propose a challenge to anyone that is willing to test his skills at the game (and the one that proposes a challenge is supposed to do it himself first), not to have the others make something for you.

An engine with such characteristics would be completely broken to be honest, that would defeat the purpose of the game.
Sorry, I'll try to do it myself first. And I'm not saying I'll use it for literally every single space mission, because where is the fun in that? I, for one, just practically want a warp drive for... y'know... futuristic stuff.

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Sorry, I'll try to do it myself first. And I'm not saying I'll use it for literally every single space mission, because where is the fun in that? I, for one, just practically want a warp drive for... y'know... futuristic stuff.
What's the big deal? Stretch an ion engine into oblivion, have a few really small fuel tanks with the percentage set to 5000%
That'll get you anywhere