Docking - The easy way

T

TtTOtW

This is as promised to Lolbitisawesome.

Ok so first off, you know for sure you won't match up at first. So to be off in a planned manner is much easier.
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-26-44.png

Right... Too high. But I want it that way. Then at the highest point you burn prograde until... Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-28-50.png
Oh dear... Off on all sides. But still, it's actually intentional. The paths cross at two places roughly opposite each other, and the gaps are about equal. Now: pick any side gap and go to the highest point. Then see if you're on the path closest to or farthest from the planet or moon. Farthest path, you burn prograde. Closest path retrograde.
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-31-42.png

You focus on the opposite point in the path while burning. And use small throttle. Zoom in and reduce throttle until path matches.
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-32-31.png
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-32-48.png

Now go to the opposite highest point (which is now matched up) AND DO NOT TURN YOUR ROCKET AROUND. So now you do the same and you'll have a matched orbit:
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-34-06.png
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-37-38.png
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-38-14.png
Screenshot_2018-04-18-04-39-23.png

Now all you have to do is time warp and dock comfortably.

Like the "not confusing" posts on docking that you'll find in various threads elsewhere on the forum.
In my opinion the post was "confusingly worded"
This is not a personal attack on your posts
Im sure that a lot of people find this fine evidenced by the "thank you" comments
I don't get your: you don't like it cuz its not mainstream go find a mainstream post

In my opinion the post was "confusingly worded"
This is not a personal attack on your posts
Im sure that a lot of people find this fine evidenced by the "thank you" comments
I don't get your: you don't like it cuz its not mainstream go find a mainstream post
This post is canceled because it was me being stupid
Your tutorial is like a YouTube video with no video and that's what confused me

No sweat man it's all good times over here :)
Anyway its time to do some docking and I'm gonna hecc up as always

Tbh I set up a space battle in orbit around the moon so this will just require me to use RCS to move together

Dude your one of the nicest and most active member
Do you go on the sfs discord?

T

TtTOtW

Anyway its time to do some docking and I'm gonna hecc up as always

Tbh I set up a space battle in orbit around the moon so this will just require me to use RCS to move together

Dude your one of the nicest and most active member
Do you go on the sfs discord?
No, I can't give decent attention to both communities.