TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hey guys, last time i made a completely original planet pack was not earlier than months ago, so i come to deliver

Dou Xiu System

First of all i would like to explain the origin of the whole system.

As you know im not really creative with stuff, i like to take inspirations or ideas from other works or places, in this case to create Dou Xiu System i used a planet and star generators that generated random planets with precise data about them which allowed me to recreate them in SFS (link to them will be below as well as links to other websites i used when creating the planet pack).

Now it's time to introduce you to the system!

Central star named (of course) is a class M object glowing yellow, ut holds 15 planets which are (in order of closest to farthest):

Vemocu Vusasen - Blue hot rocky planet with noticable atmosphere, not much is known about it because original data was lost. It has a small moon named Vemocu Vusasen b

Diy - Violet warm water planet world with substantial atmosphere, despite being a water world its difficult for habitation by Earth-based life. It has two big moons named Laijjony and Diy b

Oabayetty - Its a yellow desert world where only 1% of its mass is liquid water and is only present underground. It has two moons, one big very close to it named Oabayetty b and small one named Tac orbiting far away.

Valtolly - Not much is known about it tho it has been determined to contain very toxic substances in it's atmosphere which also give it a strong green color. It has no moons.

Thrio - Small rocky planet, it's atmosphere is very thin. It also has rings with two less dense areas where it's only two moons orbit, these are N'Vyi and Thrio b.

Mam Rialtis - Blue Earth-like planet with favourable conditions for Earth-based life, despite it's surface being bright the atmosphere is dark blue. It has small 4 moons: Voverir, Fing, Mykat and Mam Rialtis b which orbits almost in the edge of it's sphere of influence. It also has good looking rings.

Blins - Purple water world with dense atmosphere, it's striking atmosphere is known for it's beauty, it's world ocean is also mostly calm. It has one small and far orbiting moon named Blins b.

Stya - The starting planet of the planet pack, it's red color may seem weird and not suited for a planet with intellegent life but dont let it fool you, it has one of the best conditions for life in the whole system! It's small size and low gravity offer 1000 m/s orbital speed and only around 1700 m/s escape velocity, a perfect place for sending spacecrafts into outer space!
It has 3 moons: Big moon named Jeschioh and two small moons named 81081-HL and CSV-67144o.

Spraby - Orange rocky planet with 4 times the size of Earth and extreme temperatures, it has substantial atmosphere. It has no moons but has rings.

Rackbren - A blue Earth-like planet perfect for life, it has a very large diameter compared to Earth making it a super Earth type of planet. It has a unique habitable moon very similar to the planet itself named Rackbren b that orbits very close to it, it also has a smaller moon named Scight orbiting farther away.

Xeasky - Earth-like planet with a unusual gray color, it's surface is 40% covered in water and the planet is classified as a Super Earth. It has no moons.

Biemnami - Very hot but small pink planet, day on it is couple hours longer than on Earth. It has a big and amazing looking moon named Biemnami b

Sphil - Big light pink planet with thicker atmosphere and very rough surface, its one of the most beatiful planets in the whole system and has a small moon named 36973-NK

Spliod - Only gas giant in the system, its also the biggest planet in the system as a whole. Its yellow and has big ring system, it also has the biggest amount of moons, 16 of them! Studies have confirmed tho that there might exist large amounts of tiny moonlets in its rings, some only couple dozen meters across, at least 80 of them have been found. Below are short descriptions of all of these moons:

• Cucus - Big, red moon
• Sphol - Big, orange moon
• Yollshu - Big, dark orange moon
• Babby - Big, pink moon
• Dunasit - Big, yellow moon
Gunniok - Big, green moon
Santsin - Big, green moon
• Yodrenl - Big, cyan moon
Womes - Big, dark blue moon
Shrim - Big, blue moon
Kally - Big, pink moon
• Spliod b - Habitable Earth-sized moon with perfect conditions for life
• MMR-25442a - Small asteroid moon
• JJG-59616 - Small asteroid moon
• B31196 - Small asteroid moon
• NCG-97996 - Small asteroid moon

Khrark - Farthest planet from the Dou Xiu, it takes almost 300 years to orbit it once. Its rocky and purple. Three moons orbit it, they are all very dark and small, their names are Khrark b, Khrark c and Khrark d.

That's all for object description! I won't be showing pictures of objects to not spoil the experience, however i'll show couple pictures zoomed out to contain all of the planets below. In the same post there will be a link to the planet pack and links to the tools i uses, thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Pictures of the system:
Screenshot_2022-06-09-20-38-43-46_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Screenshot_2022-06-09-20-38-54-90_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Screenshot_2022-06-09-20-39-05-67_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Screenshot_2022-06-09-20-39-11-89_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Screenshot_2022-06-09-20-39-32-33_cba7b177b2edecae2cc69ac3f7d2b91d.png

Links to the tools used while making the planet pack:

Planet generator: RanGen | Planet Generator

Star generator: https://donjon.bin.sh/scifi/system/

Gradient maker: Easy Gradient Generator Tool (avoids gray dead zones ☠️)

RGB value calculator (used for map color): RGBtool.com The best friend for graphic designers!

I would also like to note that gradient files made in the gradient maker are .svg files, i recommend searching for .svg to .png converter on the internet.

And finally the link to the planet pack itself:
Dou Xiu System 1.1.0.zip

If you notice any bugs please report them to me in this thread, otherwise enjoy the experience! :D

(oh and sry for the random attachments lol)

Attachments

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Dou Xiu Update 1.2 has come out!

It adds:

- A supermassive black hole (Zoorgtuth) which current and future planetary systems will orbit

- New planetary system called Cizo with two stars (Cizo A & B) and 6 planets (Yalan, Hah, Mima, Naryn, Strio and Fioufril)

Enjoy!

Dou Xiu System 1.2.zip

nice system, but i just want to clarify that moons are given roman numeral designations, not letters. normally moons are numbered in order of size or distance from planet. for example, Diy b is the second moon from Diy, so it should instead be named Diy II. if you dont know how roman numerals work, look them up

Nova

Man on the Moon
Registered
nice system, but i just want to clarify that moons are given roman numeral designations, not letters. normally moons are numbered in order of size or distance from planet. for example, Diy b is the second moon from Diy, so it should instead be named Diy II. if you dont know how roman numerals work, look them up
It’s a fictional place, let him be… I’m not sure how coding/making planets work but im sure he doesn’t want to change each and every moon in the pack for realism

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I've had no problems so far so idk what happened, and I've never got that issue before
Yeah i dont really have a clue to what has happened, probably PC issue but i might look into this

It’s a fictional place, let him be… I’m not sure how coding/making planets work but im sure he doesn’t want to change each and every moon in the pack for realism
its fictional yes, but sooner or later someone was gonna point that out. he can leave it the way it is if he wants to but there are gonna be people who point this stuff out

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Basis for my moons and planets is the planet generator im using, it sometimes gives a moon named like the planet itself, my answer to this was to always add the "b" to the moon since its literally named like the planet itself. I want to follow the generator as much as possible. Here's the example of that:
Screenshot_2022-06-21-22-35-34-00.png

Of course some planets have multiple moons, and very often among those moons there is one that is named after the planet it orbits while others have original names, thats why im adding the "b".

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I mean i could do that, but as i explained above it wont make much sense

Basis for my moons and planets is the planet generator im using, it sometimes gives a moon named like the planet itself, my answer to this was to always add the "b" to the moon since its literally named like the planet itself. I want to follow the generator as much as possible. Here's the example of that:
why not just rename the moon? or at least make it so that the naming order makes sense. if Diy b is the second moon from Diy, and Laijjony is the first one, then Laijjony would technically be Diy b, so Diy b should be Diy c

again, you can do whatever you want with this star system. im not forcing you to do anything, merely just throwing around ideas and suggestions (sorry for not condensing my message, mods. i dont have edit perms)

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
why not just rename the moon? or at least make it so that the naming order makes sense. if Diy b is the second moon from Diy, and Laijjony is the first one, then Laijjony would technically be Diy b, so Diy b should be Diy c
Except that moon already has a name, if there were two moons named "Diy" around Diy i would name them Diy b and Diy c, but that isnt the case. Same with double star system Cizo, the stars are Cizo A and Cizo B despite the fact that central object of the system is technically Cizo A, Cizo B is named Cizo B not Cizo I anyway and i put same logic here.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
again, you can do whatever you want with this star system. im not forcing you to do anything, merely just throwing around ideas and suggestions (sorry for not condensing my message, mods. i dont have edit perms)
Thats appreciated :)

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Anyways, update!

Dou Xiu 1.3 is out!

- New star has been added (Atargatis), it has 5 planets orbiting it (Endea, Mckiu, Broan, Zuke and Syaven)

Endea - Rocky Planet
Mckiu - Toxic Planet
Broan - Hot Rocky Planet
Zuke - Toxic Planet
Syaven - Hot Rocky Planet

Download link:

Dou Xiu System 1.3.zip

Stay tuned for Shookyo system ;)