Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Please try to reach orbit with less parachutes with no cheats or stop posting in this thread.
This thread is only for evidence of reaching orbit with open parachutes with no cheats.

Finally, 1.5 has come, and with it, the return of drag! To celebrate that, here is a challenge specifically dedicated to it, which is simple:

Reach orbit with a fully opened parachute!

At the beginning of your flight, open the parachute:
View attachment 38848

Then, fly until you reach orbit:
View attachment 38849

(Note that the launcher on the first pic couldn't do it, the second pic was obtained with another one. I just want to avoid spoiling my own challenge by revealing a launcher that works).

No cheat allowed (especially no drag!!!), good luck!
I guess you can call this DRAG RACING?

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
You still didn't prove that you got to orbit properly... Show pics from liftoff to orbit, and pics of entire blueprint.

And condense your messages!

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
AlexQC

You activated the "no drag" cheat in a drag challenge. Are you kidding us?

From your design, you had 300 tons of fuel tanks there, and your remaining fuel (95%) means that you only burnt the equivalent of 2 seconds of fuel at full thrust. But still, you had time to open your 96 parachutes, and managed to reach 810 meters of altitude while your speed is only 12 m/s. Could you please explain me how you did this without cheats?

Now it's really blatant that you're a cheater. You had:
- 56% of fuel at 1975 meters of altitude
- 59% of fuel at 3074 meters
- 53% of fuel at 11.8 km
And all of this with a single stage!

In a more general way, I personally know what it takes to reach orbit with a single parachute, and all those who tried know it aswell, your attempts at fooling us are insulting.

That challenge section has always been friendly, and people have always been fair (with very little exceptions). I won't let anyone ruin that spirit! We'll discuss this situation with the moderation team, but what's sure is that from now on you won't be trusted anymore regarding challenges.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
You know you've fucked up when even Altair looses his cool with you.

T

TtTOtW

Dude you're screwed. Hell, I was about to use your post as a piñata but it seems Altaïr already took care of that. This won't get you banned. But it sure will earn you a place on a LOT of people's ignore list... starting with mine. From now on, to me you don't exist. Im relieving my self of you.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Dude you're screwed. Hell, I was about to use your post as a pinyata but it seems Altaïr already took care of that.
Ah, yes sorry, I've already hammered that piñata, I grabbed all the candies :p

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Looked like a quick fun challenge. Only took me once to appreciate the vertical approach:p interesting that I still showed evidence of drag at 45 km.:confused:

Attachments

bobbblair123

ሁልጊዜ ንጹህ የውስጥ ሱሪዎችን ይልበሱ
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That cannot be right with the stock planet models...
What was the evidence?
The parachute fully extended and open with no thrust. Unless that's just the animation state. I fully expected to see it in some other state.