Efficient gravity turn

C

CaioSpin

Hey guys.
I was wondering if there's a efficient way of getting into orbit, like the best way to do it without wasting fuel.
In KSP there's a formula of starting your gravity turn at 10km height, at 30km you should have 45 degrees of inclination, when your trajectory reach 75km you should cut engines and restart them when you get at the top of the trajectory, pointing slightly above the horizon, until you get orbit.

In spaceflight simulator the atmosphere is a little bit different, so does someone have tried a formula to do it?

T

TtTOtW

Hey guys.
I was wondering if there's a efficient way of getting into orbit, like the best way to do it without wasting fuel.
In KSP there's a formula of starting your gravity turn at 10km height, at 30km you should have 45 degrees of inclination, when your trajectory reach 75km you should cut engines and restart them when you get at the top of the trajectory, pointing slightly above the horizon, until you get orbit.

In spaceflight simulator the atmosphere is a little bit different, so does someone have tried a formula to do it?
It's been posted before, but here it is again for your convenience. At 75m/s you start turning. Between 2000m and 3000m you should reach 20°. By 10km you should reach 30° and 45° by 15km height. Keep your nose pointing where your trajectory is drawn and cut engines when the trajectory protrudes sufficiently above the atmosphere. At the periapsis (or is that the apoapsis???) you burn to complete the orbit. It varies from ship to ship but this is a good general guide.

C

CaioSpin

That's what I was looking for, thank you TtTOtW!
I have searched the forum for it, but found none. Maybe it was deleted.

C

CaioSpin

It's been posted before, but here it is again for your convenience. At 75m/s you start turning. Between 2000m and 3000m you should reach 20°. By 10km you should reach 30° and 45° by 15km height. Keep your nose pointing where your trajectory is drawn and cut engines when the trajectory protrudes sufficiently above the atmosphere. At the periapsis (or is that the apoapsis???) you burn to complete the orbit. It varies from ship to ship but this is a good general guide.
Do you guys eyeball these angles, or is there a way to setup the game to show this info, like the rocket angle of inclination...??

E

Earlmilly1

Right at launch, be 30-45°. At about 10km I go to 60°. At the atmosphere, I angle myself steeply until orbit. It might help.

T

TtTOtW

Right at launch, be 30-45°. At about 10km I go to 60°. At the atmosphere, I angle myself steeply until orbit. It might help.
For that you need a very high thrust:mass ratio. It will guarantee a crash if you have more than about 0.75 tons mass per ton thrust at liftoff. Even considering staging.