Solved Electric Space Statiom

M

Mike Drop

Can you refuel your rockets power on a space station that has solar panels? If so, how. Thanks for the help!

T

TtTOtW

Can you refuel your rockets power on a space station that has solar panels? If so, how. Thanks for the help!
Well, dock (obviously) then if you're not recharging, just close and open again some solar panels, then you'll get charged.

T

TtTOtW

Well, dock (obviously) then if you're not recharging, just close and open again some solar panels, then you'll get charged.

V

Valeriuz

i cannot wait untill they get the start all engines button and the open all panels/parachutes button!
mothership 3.0.jpg

V

Valeriuz

i can go snywhere in that thing and then just send my drone down to land, re-dock annd refuel and return to earth or next planet, i've even landed this monstrosity on earth and the moon (without cheats ofcourse! =)

N

noire

The electricity system is really disappointing as it stands now, my space station has many solar arrays and a fuckton of batteries, but i have no use for it. Still waiting for electrically powered motoric stuff like pistons, rotation motors with like 4 nodes (1 in each direction) where you could add the stuff that you need to rotate, these 2 parts combined would allow us to make fully controllable robotic arms to make for example rocket assembly stations in orbit.
Also, the capsules and probes should use electricity, after all the probe theoretically constantly sends and recieves data, so it should have by itself an electricity usage of like 0.25-0.5/s, and the capsule maybe 0.5-1/s because it contains systems that the astronauts need to survive
Just an idea, but i think it would add as well to realism as well as to the challenge if you had to have electricity storage and generation on your rocket as a mandatory requirement