Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
To mars and back. By the way the pics arent in order.

Attachments

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
ok so apparently Kennethmer deleted his account. Not a surprise, it was probably just to scam people.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
To mars and back. By the way the pics arent in order.
Can you provide a picture of when you were on mars surface?
And also what we mean by achievements picture is the one that steam edition calls the "mission log", not the one that says what you earned.
1691321883363.png

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Here it is, I had to re-do the mission, and the mission log was a bit long so I split it into 2 separate images, but I got the photos:
MARS LANDING.png
MISSION LOG 1.png
MISSION LOG 2.png

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I appreciate the effort you went to, but we need a consistent series of screenshots.
You seem to have learnt how to fly better the second time and landed on Mars with more fuel than you had when entering the martian atmosphere the first time, which is good improvement but it does mean that this second mission needs screenshots for everything as well in order to be consistent...

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I appreciate the effort you went to, but we need a consistent series of screenshots.
You seem to have learnt how to fly better the second time and landed on Mars with more fuel than you had when entering the martian atmosphere the first time, which is good improvement but it does mean that this second mission needs screenshots for everything as well in order to be consistent...
Ok. I will do it again. This time with a full series of screenshots.

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Looks great, you finally have your badge. :)
You could save even more fuel in the future by improving your trajectories.
Let the atmosphere do more of the work for you in slowing you down so you don't need to use the engines as much.
And be sure to brake your interplanetary trajectory into an orbit as close as possible to the top of the atmosphere (or surface if there is no atmosphere) to take advantage of oberth effect.
Finally, when returning to earth, your trajectory should just be between mars and earth's orbits. There's no need to go all the way to Venus orbit unless you're using it for a gravity assist. :p

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Looks great, you finally have your badge. :)
You could save even more fuel in the future by improving your trajectories.
Let the atmosphere do more of the work for you in slowing you down so you don't need to use the engines as much.
And be sure to brake your interplanetary trajectory into an orbit as close as possible to the top of the atmosphere (or surface if there is no atmosphere) to take advantage of oberth effect.
Finally, when returning to earth, your trajectory should just be between mars and earth's orbits. There's no need to go all the way to Venus orbit unless you're using it for a gravity assist. :p
Haha. Yeah, I had to choose between aerobraking with engines or re-entering the atmosphere with a heat shield and then the payload. I clearly did not give much thought to it though.:D