Falcon X (Full)

Falcon X complete version, with added separators, RCS, parachutes and landing legs, I hope you like my rocket.
Screenshot_20200610-133444_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200610-133456_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200610-133513_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Screenshot_20200610-133444_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg

Note: translated from spanish by a moderator

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Nice design, it seems you really like the silver stripped skin. :)
And I think you can even fly it without infinite fuel.

However, I would suggest to reconsider your choices about engines.

For your first stage, the Titans are a good choice, but from the 5 you use, you could remove one. This would give you a thrust of 1600 tons for a mass of (roughly) 1120 tons, which gives you a Thrust/Weight ratio of 1.42, which is already very decent. With a fith engine, this is overkill.

Then for the following stages, you'd better use efficient engines. By efficient, I mean engines that have a high specific impulse (Frontier, Valiant). Those engines are less thirsty than the Titan, and will help you to save fuel. The Titan is great to fight gravity in the beginning on the flight, but once you passed that step, it's better to switch to "efficient" mode.

I didn't make the calculations, but I would say you can use 3 Frontier engines (maybe 2) on your second stage, 1 on your third stage, and a Valiant on the last one.
You can even consider a pair of Kolibris for the last one, even if it gives you less thrust than the Valiant.

Generally speaking, it's better to avoid having more engines than necessary, because it makes your rocket heavier and less efficient in the end.

If you do this, you'll have a rocket both good-looking and efficient :)

JSP

The Lord President of Gallifrey.
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
ive tested it it works