Solved Fix for broken docking?

dezway

Registered
Basically, the closest approach sign keeps changing and is never stable, always jittering by a few kilometres, and docking has proven to be impossible.

I have two deserted refueling stations that haven't been operated for like a month or two.

Tried reinstalling the game and retransferring my files (except for the unity folder) and it's still broken.

Any help?

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered
Basically, the closest approach sign keeps changing and is never stable, always jittering by a few kilometres, and docking has proven to be impossible.

I have two deserted refueling stations that haven't been operated for like a month or two.

Tried reinstalling the game and retransferring my files (except for the unity folder) and it's still broken.

Any help?
Unfortunately I’ve still not found a fix for this problem. All you can do is continue to veer towards the closest approach until it stops

Danny Batten

Sanctor **《T》** MT/SP/TE/ Governor of Terra SOI
Professor
Registered

Any help?
But it should hopefully be fixed in the next update, as Stef will be changing the entire approach and orbit systems

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
It's changing by a few kilometers?! Are you trying to dock in Sun orbit?
In this case, you can get as close as possible to the target ship with the usual technique (even if you can't do better than a few kilometers away), and then manually navigate until you reach the other ship. You can do this from the map view, by following your ship as TtTOTw described.

dezway

Registered
It's changing by a few kilometers?! Are you trying to dock in Sun orbit?
In this case, you can get as close as possible to the target ship with the usual technique (even if you can't do better than a few kilometers away), and then manually navigate until you reach the other ship. You can do this from the map view, by following your ship as TtTOTw described.
No, in LEO.

seems to have spontaneously fixed itself though.