Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My second try.
As a part of the race for Team Hawk, I present:
(If you really want me to, I can try to make a better payload-door design.)
THE KHONSU-F.M.T.M. REMASTERED.png

Attachments

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
Deepest apologies for the delay, my fault.
It really is hugely better than the last attempt, so congratulations.

If the cargo door works for you, it works for you, so I won't say anything against the attachment method except that a method that uses a docking port at only one end and fills the other end with something that isn't a docking port would be easier to handle, but again that's up to you.

There are just three things worth mentioning about the design:
1. You could reduce the amount of RCS on the shuttle itself to just 2. (I don't care about the ones on the payload if they're not involved in the flight, as the case appears to be)
2. It would be good to have an easy way to dock the cargo door to the shuttle in the open position so it doesn't just... float around... when deploying the payload.
3. I like what you're doing with the "cockpit" thing on the payload door, but you could make it more streamlined. That and the docking ports are the clunkiest aspects of this design.

Additionally, don't forget to post the mission log next time.

If you fulfill the above nicely, you'll be granted the badge next time. I won't be absent again so long, I was on a trip and then had a bunch of stuff to do, but that's not an excuse. :p

Stellarium

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Deepest apologies for the delay, my fault.
It really is hugely better than the last attempt, so congratulations.

If the cargo door works for you, it works for you, so I won't say anything against the attachment method except that a method that uses a docking port at only one end and fills the other end with something that isn't a docking port would be easier to handle, but again that's up to you.

There are just three things worth mentioning about the design:
1. You could reduce the amount of RCS on the shuttle itself to just 2. (I don't care about the ones on the payload if they're not involved in the flight, as the case appears to be)
2. It would be good to have an easy way to dock the cargo door to the shuttle in the open position so it doesn't just... float around... when deploying the payload.
3. I like what you're doing with the "cockpit" thing on the payload door, but you could make it more streamlined. That and the docking ports are the clunkiest aspects of this design.

Additionally, don't forget to post the mission log next time.

If you fulfill the above nicely, you'll be granted the badge next time. I won't be absent again so long, I was on a trip and then had a bunch of stuff to do, but that's not an excuse. :p
Ah. Thanks again, no problem I just wasn't sure what was going on. :D