Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, So, I've built a space station but can't think of other things to add to it; Then i remembered about cresign's forum stations; And figured: why not do that?
So the thing is simple, Send me your modules and i'll dock em to this station:
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 11.45.23.png

They can be made in vanilla or modded, Though if they are modded tell me what mod/s they use in case i don't have them downloaded yet. Make sure to include a launcher with the module (with plenty of Delta V) so i don't have to make one myself. Though if your module doesn't have a launcher i could do it for you. Send your module/s with sharing links; And at the end of april this'll be over and i'll provide you all a quicksave so you can do what you want with this thing.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
eh, i'm not the best at docking; That's one of the reasons i'm doing this whole forum station bit, and be free to submit more segments if you wish.
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 12.57.22.png

Tdog20202

Future immunologist • Space history enthusiast
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Under Pressure
Registered
eh, i'm not the best at docking; That's one of the reasons i'm doing this whole forum station bit, and be free to submit more segments if you wish. View attachment 116515
Well I meant like how you docked the entire rocket, I thought you were just going to dock the base. Here's the next module:

Attachments

Tdog20202

Future immunologist • Space history enthusiast
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Under Pressure
Registered
Also what orbit hight does the space station orbiting at?

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 14.03.19.png
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 14.05.03.png
Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 14.03.02.png

that took a while, had to resort to using stretched ions to get that thing docked, then i deleted the stretched ions and tons of RCS thrusters since i dont like lag. Also that module you sent was 5 kilotons.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
No worries, though if the rocket was staged and the engine's heat was off it'd probably have been easier than launching the entirety of a soyuz rocket into space

New Horizons

58 AU from the Sun
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Nice launcher, Great use of the text; Though it doesn't really have the oomph to get the 5 kiloton Soyuz Tdog sent off the ground; though it seems like a good launcher for most things.
Yeah, I designed it specifically for taking payloads to the Jovian system. If I recall correctly, I was able to take 200t or 100t to Europa.
I also didn't do the text. It did itself for some reason.

Last edited:

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, Thread seems pretty dead so i'll share what the station is so far, I've made a few improvements and such to prepare it for my new project (Project Bolivar, read up on it here) I'll provide the quick-save at the end of the month to give any stragglers time to give their own segments; but since that's unlikely this'll probably be a pretty final version:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 19.36.33.png
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 19.36.43.png
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 19.36.50.png

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Alright, Thread seems pretty dead so i'll share what the station is so far, I've made a few improvements and such to prepare it for my new project (Project Bolivar, read up on it here) I'll provide the quick-save at the end of the month to give any stragglers time to give their own segments; but since that's unlikely this'll probably be a pretty final version: View attachment 117322 View attachment 117323 View attachment 117324
I saw your comment on my profile, so here's a little submission for the space station! It's called the Primrose Habitation Module, after a character from the SCP-6001 article (Look it up lol)

Rocket Link

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 09.13.44.png

Docked :)

Also nice name for it, naming things off of fictional characters is a great move, (EX: Hobbs Baleyship, as in detective elijah baley from Asimov's robot series). The first stage could be divided into two stages, since near the end the TWR of the first stage is around ~2.3, and I wasn't a fan of the frontier stage since i had to change my ascent to be more forgiving so i could have time to circularize the orbit. But nice segment zack.

zackhere

Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
View attachment 117394
Docked :)

Also nice name for it, naming things off of fictional characters is a great move, (EX: Hobbs Baleyship, as in detective elijah baley from Asimov's robot series). The first stage could be divided into two stages, since near the end the TWR of the first stage is around ~2.3, and I wasn't a fan of the frontier stage since i had to change my ascent to be more forgiving so i could have time to circularize the orbit. But nice segment zack.
I have another module designed to connect to the Primrose Habitation Module. Make sure it docks on the opposite side of the Communication Dish. I call it the Caspian Docking Module, after the same thing.
Rocket Link

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 10.16.19.png

Alright, Docked; This launcher was better though the first stage should've had a more efficient engine since the boosters act as the main orbiter.