Solved Gamer707#3355 Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
User ID
User ID: 401389606194380800
Date of Ban: 03/30/2019 (mm/dd/yy)
Reason of ban: Excessive modlogs/shitposting/spam/profanity

Suggestion for unban: Alright so I'd like to start with "excessive modlogs". That's a totally invalid reason. If a person had these "excessive modlogs" months ago, wakes up one day and sees that he's banned cause of "excessive modlogs" then that's more like some personal business between the mod and user rather than justice.

Then there is this shitposting which was a joke between me and 2 other members. A joke between 3 humans which is no one's business, meaning no harm to anyone, anything or any belief. Funny that I was the only one who got banned in that group.

Third there is this "spam". Although I don't even remember when was that. Cause the definition of spam in texting is sending the same text/emoji/image etc over and over in different posts. I don't even have messages like that. And pretty sure posting 3 same emojis in A SINGLE MESSAGE doesn't count.

Fourth and the last one. "Profanity"... I was told that I got banned for not obeying the rules but rules say profanity is allowed. There is nothing about it's limits or something else. So no human being has the right to punish me for breaking a rule which does not exist. Just as long as "it's not directed to someone" was the rule. And I never directed it to someone. So it's kind of confusing who actually follows the rules and who doesn't.

Now some of you of course will say: "it's a troll post" or "this kid is mad" but then I'd call this excessive ego. It's neither of the options. I honestly don't care who's opinion is right and who's opinion is wrong because opinions are worthless, FACTS are the thing. And the said facts show that I'm innocent.

I also contacted the mod who banned me once and I asked him any proof of my "illegal actions" I was told to shut the fuck up (literally).

I'm not saying I'm 100% innocent. But I'm also not sorry for getting banned due to breathing.

T

TtTOtW

User ID: 401389606194380800
Date of Ban: 03/30/2019 (mm/dd/yy)
Reason of ban: Excessive modlogs/shitposting/spam/profanity

Suggestion for unban: Alright so I'd like to start with "excessive modlogs". That's a totally invalid reason. If a person had these "excessive modlogs" months ago, wakes up one day and sees that he's banned cause of "excessive modlogs" then that's more like some personal business between the mod and user rather than justice.

Then there is this shitposting which was a joke between me and 2 other members. A joke between 3 humans which is no one's business, meaning no harm to anyone, anything or any belief. Funny that I was the only one who got banned in that group.

Third there is this "spam". Although I don't even remember when was that. Cause the definition of spam in texting is sending the same text/emoji/image etc over and over in different posts. I don't even have messages like that. And pretty sure posting 3 same emojis in A SINGLE MESSAGE doesn't count.

Fourth and the last one. "Profanity"... I was told that I got banned for not obeying the rules but rules say profanity is allowed. There is nothing about it's limits or something else. So no human being has the right to punish me for breaking a rule which does not exist. Just as long as "it's not directed to someone" was the rule. And I never directed it to someone. So it's kind of confusing who actually follows the rules and who doesn't.

Now some of you of course will say: "it's a troll post" or "this kid is mad" but then I'd call this excessive ego. It's neither of the options. I honestly don't care who's opinion is right and who's opinion is wrong because opinions are worthless, FACTS are the thing. And the said facts show that I'm innocent.

I also contacted the mod who banned me once and I asked him any proof of my "illegal actions" I was told to shut the fuck up (literally).

I'm not saying I'm 100% innocent. But I'm also not sorry for getting banned due to breathing.
Let's see where this goes.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Your appeal has been transmitted to the Discord team, it will be reviewed soon.

However, I don't think that explaining the rules to the moderation team and not showing regret under any form is the best strategy to get unbanned... :rolleyes:

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
So I'm going to throw this out there, you only reported the part that serves you. The full reason is "Excessive modlogs/shitposting/Spam/Profanity"
We have modlogs for a reason. The same thing we record on the log is sent to you so there's no variation in reason unless something like a typo was corrected.

Sarge

Greased up Beef Parrot
Discord Staff
Registered
I've also queried all staff about the alleged "shut the fuck up" and nothing turned up.
And given I'm the only member of staff who uses profanity freely, I'm inclined to say that you made that up.
If you have proof however feel free to dm me here or on discord.

To clarify our profanity rules, its allowed to an extent. If you have a modlog for that it means it was excessive/directed at someone.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Hello, I am here to inform you that your ban appeal has been rejected. The reasons for this are below.

Your first point about the excessive modlogs. Indeed you most certainly had far more than usual. We typically issue permanent bans after a user receives 5 previous logs. You had 9 logs before you were perm banned. You were given far more opportunities than we normally allow to correct your behavior and you did not. That being said, the claim that it was a "personal business" to be banned for having 9 other logs is inherently incorrect.

The shitposting. Joke or not, whatever it was, it wasn't within the rules. It is almost certain that a member of staff told you all to stop several times before issuing a punishment. Just because three people are breaking a rule does not make it okay. Whether it "harms" someone does not matter, it was against the rules. You could have easily taken it to DM's and then there wouldn't have been an issue. In situations of groups breaking rules we punish the leader, which is likely why you were punished and the others weren't.

The spam. Spam is a broad topic of discussion but we have a general consensus of what emoji spam is. If you are using emojis excessively this would obviously count as spam. We do not punish if you are not breaking rules, it was more than likely not just a single message and you aren't remembering correctly.

The profanity. Sarge clarified this one. We allow moderate amounts of swearing, but there is a boundary that is crossed when it is overused or directed at others. This is when we take issue and ask that it stops.

Overall, it appears that you do not understand how you violated any of the rules or the reasons behind your modlogs and ban. You seem to feel persecuted despite being punished for legitimate reasons. We suggest that you reflect on your actions and understand that we do not punish for no reason. We hold no personal vendetta towards anyone when we issue logs. Perhaps you may come back in some time with a reformed ban appeal that shows you understand the reasoning behind your punishments.

Thank you,
The SFS Discord Mod Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.