Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
There should be a "realism" mod for SFS where the atmosphere is scaled to hundreds of kilometers and SRBs are added. Would be pretty fun to play.
If you are interested, I made such a pack recently:
Inspired from Reality Intermediate System (IRIS): "SFS hard mode"

The scale is still reduced by a factor 4, to simulate more accurately the level of difficulty you would encounter in real life. I can't add SRBs however, this would imply to modify the game itself.

Some "RSS" (Real Solar System) mods also exist (in scale 1:1), you'll find them in the download section, but they are extremely difficult in practice, because engines in SFS are way less efficient compared to their real life counterpart.

VibeChecker

Man on the Moon
Registered
If you are interested, I made such a pack recently:
Inspired from Reality Intermediate System (IRIS): "SFS hard mode"

The scale is still reduced by a factor 4, to simulate more accurately the level of difficulty you would encounter in real life. I can't add SRBs however, this would imply to modify the game itself.

Some "RSS" (Real Solar System) mods also exist (in scale 1:1), you'll find them in the download section, but they are extremely difficult in practice, because engines in SFS are way less efficient compared to their real life counterpart.
Thanks, I'll play it a lot.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
920 km gives approximately 27.3 revolutions per lunar cycle, so the satellite is then scaled correctly based on the moon’s orbit.
But the moon is in the wrong place, so the scale you're using is off. Why not use... 1/365.4th of a revolution of the Earth around the sun...

But the moon is in the wrong place, so the scale you're using is off. Why not use... 1/365.4th of a revolution of the Earth around the sun...
You're right, that would probably keep the scale more "true". However, when I'm zoomed in on just the Earth-Moon system, with my constellation of pseudo-geostationary satellites (under construction) and space station in LEO, the satellites will appear correct relative to the moon. Without earth rotation, there's no visual for what's geostationary, so there won't be a true answer. I'm just basing mine on local visual.

Thanks for all the help and discussion. I just discovered this board when looking for SFS geostationary, so I'll have to look around a bit.