Haha, a replica, nothing to see here

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I'm finished doing Stage 1, stage 2 next, trying to find on the internet was is the best choice for stage 2 engine
Screenshot_2020-08-20-15-42-16-71.png

Scale if off, I assume

Jez 10

Local Expert Pinoy
ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Did 2nd and half of what I presume is the 3rd stage
Screenshot_2020-08-20-16-03-22-68.png

I had a mistake on the 1st Stage separator, easily corrected it

And here it is beside an illustration of a Saturn V, almost on scale, except the third stage
received_684160145644138.jpeg

received_1230903813910533.jpeg

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
That diagram scale looks...off.

Like stage 3 is a bit too long.

Screenshot_2020-08-20-09-14-57.png

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
TtTOtW put this up a little while ago during the 'black fin' comedy show

saturn5allclean2.jpg

It's a Boeing drawn schematic from '68 showing the dimensions of all the critical systems on the Saturn V launch vehicle. Might come i handy if you're doing a replica

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
TtTOtW put this up a little while ago during the 'black fin' comedy show

View attachment 44131

It's a Boeing drawn schematic from '68 showing the dimensions of all the critical systems on the Saturn V launch vehicle. Might come i handy if you're doing a replica
Horus Lupercal can you think of modern Saturn V... Flyin with modern avionics and lighter system (mainly computers etc......) plus maybe Flyin F-1 Engines????

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I'd love to see a modernised Sat V. I have an amazing document based around planned upgrades to the Saturn V system (not Nova, actual Saturn Vs), written around the 60s and 70s. Stretched stages, uprated engines, SRBs. Planned lift capabilities of 200t+ to LEO. The original was just the beginning of a long life of upgrades and capability jumps as we expanded our influence further and further away from Earth.

It'd have to use F-1 engines. There's nothing on Earth right now that generates that kind of thrust without SRB argumentation (SLS) or having about 30 engines (N-1). Get rid of the hand built clockworks and digitise everything though.

I'm not going to go into enormous amount of detail on it as most of my thoughts are in this thread
https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/nasas-lift-problem.4544/

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
I'd love to see a modernised Sat V. I have an amazing document based around planned upgrades to the Saturn V system (not Nova, actual Saturn Vs), written around the 60s and 70s. Stretched stages, uprated engines, SRBs. Planned lift capabilities of 200t+ to LEO. The original was just the beginning of a long life of upgrades and capability jumps as we expanded our influence further and further away from Earth.

It'd have to use F-1 engines. There's nothing on Earth right now that generates that kind of thrust without SRB argumentation (SLS) or having about 30 engines (N-1). Get rid of the hand built clockworks and digitise everything though.

I'm not going to go into enormous amount of detail on it as most of my thoughts are in this thread
https://jmnet.one/sfs/forum/index.php?threads/nasas-lift-problem.4544/
yea one of the upgrades was the J-2 aerospike engines and yeah the Saturn II (thou no S-IC but with SRB from minuteman missile) and new F-1A engine for S-IC (but not flown)

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
No, I mean with the MLV upgrades. S-1 of varying lengths, 5 F-1s underneath and 120-168-260in SRBs or F-1 powered LOX boosters strapped to the sides. Extended S-II using uprated J-2s (not aerospikes) and then either a massive payload fairing (similar to the one over Skylab) or a larger S-III/Nuclear stage

http://www.astronautix.com/s/saturnv.html

Mars Pathfinder

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
No, I mean with the MLV upgrades. S-1 of varying lengths, 5 F-1s underneath and 120-168-260in SRBs or F-1 powered LOX boosters strapped to the sides. Extended S-II using uprated J-2s (not aerospikes) and then either a massive payload fairing (similar to the one over Skylab) or a larger S-III/Nuclear stage

http://www.astronautix.com/s/saturnv.html
OHH yeah but the S-III your sayin is the NERVA right???

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
If you look at the document, one possible option for a third stage is a nerva.