Has anyone landed on the Comet Lovejoy from ACSS?

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
Well the challenge wasnt hard because you made it larger maybe try making SOI larger by editing its file to make possibility to land on original 12.5 meter comet
That is literally like docking in Solar Orbit at the height of Neptune. I doubt someone Actually wants to do that. And besides the navigation system won't help you at all.

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
That is literally like docking in Solar Orbit at the height of Neptune. I doubt someone Actually wants to do that. And besides the navigation system won't help you at all.
But you can edit the comet to be at the orbit of the Earth or even moon so that It will be easier. The challenge is not about getting to the comet in some hardcore way just Landing on that extrordainary body with such small size

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
But you can edit the comet to be at the orbit of the Earth or even moon so that It will be easier. The challenge is not about getting to the comet in some hardcore way just Landing on that extrordainary body with such small size
Really? Isn't the same of what I did? Edit the comet? I thought you were going for a full Realism challenge.

And believe me, the challenge is NOT landing on the comet, landing on the comet is EASY, the challenge is GETTING to the comet.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Really? Isn't the same of what I did? Edit the comet? I thought you were going for a full Realism challenge.

And believe me, the challenge is NOT landing on the comet, landing on the comet is EASY, the challenge is GETTING to the comet.
Well the original comet is known to me for its ridicouls size and its deformed and buggy surface that is the main reason i made this post so if you want you can do the challenge in the way of modifying its SOI but not the size so we can see how smol it really is compared to average lander

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Well the original comet is known to me for its ridicouls size and its deformed and buggy surface
Precisely why I edited Its size.
so if you want you can do the challenge in the way of modifying its SOI but not the size so we can see how smol it really is compared to average lander
You are talking about modifying the orbit radius and the SOI, but don't allow to modify the radius. Well, once again, to me the challenge is to get to the comet, not land on the comet. I'm sticking to my version and I don't see why I should do the challenge again.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Precisely why I edited Its size.

You are talking about modifying the orbit radius and the SOI, but don't allow to modify the radius. Well, once again, to me the challenge is to get to the comet, not land on the comet. I'm sticking to my version and I don't see why I should do the challenge again.
Ok i am sorry for my stubbornness :) but now i remember going to moon of Hektor - Skamandrios and seeing entrance of hell opening beneath my spacecraft so now i know why we sholdnt go such buggy things :)

Blazer Ayanami

Registered
Forum Legend
Ok i am sorry for my stubbornness :) but now i remember going to moon of Hektor - Skamandrios and seeing entrance of hell opening beneath my spacecraft so now i know why we sholdnt go such buggy things :)
Its okay. :) The game isn't designed to bodies that small, so it glitches a lot when trying to send a mission to them.

Cresign

TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Its okay. :) The game isn't designed to bodies that small, so it glitches a lot when trying to send a mission to them.
Yeah Lander would have 50% percent height of the radius of the comet XD