Hear me out on this mod idea...

tealflip

Man on the Moon
Registered
I've seen good shuttles in the pass. But all of them have at least one issue with them, making them either unflyable, ugly, inaccurate, or whatever else it may be. I've seen cargo bay doors in the Utility Pack, although rarely used in the shuttle. So how come nobody has designed a mod to make shuttles easier to make? I can't, I have no experience with C# or the latter, but I know SOMEONE here does! I'd love to see someone make a mod to make an actually good shuttle, like Discovey or whatever else it may be. Some of the mods I've seen already have some parts for it, but we need a defined mod for one.

tealflip

Man on the Moon
Registered
Boosting this cuz I genuinely wanna see this get made. Share with your friends, your mom, your creepy uncle, hell share it with a random deceased person at your local gravesite.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I agree that we need a mod to make better shuttles. A major problem right now is that a well detailed shuttle is made of many many parts...
BeautifulShuttle.png

... which results in a lot of lags when I send an impacter to destroy it:
OUCH.png

I often need to wait for several minutes to appreciate the result:
BetterShuttle.png

For some reasons I love destroying shuttles. We definitely need a mod so that I can easily blow up as many shuttles as I want.

tealflip

Man on the Moon
Registered
We got one of the head mods on our side now. The real question is, whos gonna step up to the plate and take on this challenge?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
We got one of the head mods on our side now.
That was sarcastic dude. I wouldn't seriously beg for a shuttle mod so that I can destroy shuttles. Also the fact that I'm a moderator or a modder (depending on what you mean by mod) doesn't give me more weight than anybody else.

The real question is, whos gonna step up to the plate and take on this challenge?
I'll tell you honestly, modders are a scarce resource, making a mod is a big project, it takes time, and most of us are already busy. I don't prevent you from asking, but persuading a modder to make your mod will be more complicated than just "wanting it very strong".
If Draco wants to give it a try, I wish him to succeed though :)

tealflip

Man on the Moon
Registered
That was sarcastic dude. I wouldn't seriously beg for a shuttle mod so that I can destroy shuttles. Also the fact that I'm a moderator or a modder (depending on what you mean by mod) doesn't give me more weight than anybody else.
I was being sarcastic too. And while the part of weight is true, its a comedical aspect I learned in theater.

[EDIT]: Also, where in the world did you find / make that shuttle? That looks MAD CLEAN.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I was being sarcastic too. And while the part of weight is true, its a comedical aspect I learned in theater.
Aha, good acting :p

[EDIT]: Also, where in the world did you find / make that shuttle? That looks MAD CLEAN.
It's available here. There are a few other ones in the blueprint section. You can use the search function for that.