NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Supported Game Version: v1.5.9.8

Something I was surprised to not immediately see people making, heat shield tiles. Just little squares that can go on the side/bottom of rockets instead of lumpy dome-shaped heat shields. They don't make seams when you stack them next to each other and are also skinnable.

I will say, they are definitely overpowered and I can kind of see why Stef didn't make them vanilla. But hey, I'm not here to judge you if you can make use of 'em. Go nuts.

Google Drive - heatshieldtiles.pack

Screenshot from 2022-07-07 08-57-34.png

Screenshot from 2022-07-07 09-52-15.png

Last edited:

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
How to Use:

1. Close the game, open Steam, then go to your library.
2. Right click SFS, then go to Manage > Browse Local Game Files.
3. Navigate to Mods > Custom Assets > Parts.
4. Drag and drop the part asset from the Google Drive link into the Parts folder.

Last edited:

Marmilo

Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
It's spelled impractical
Useful part anyway

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
custom parts made with part creation toolkit arent mods
I mean, you do directly interact with source code to make them, unlike custom planets and stuff. But if want to count mods as modifying source code, no, they aren't.

NeptuneSky

Modder
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Part pack updated for new modloader release. Just redownload the pack from the same google drive link and replace the old file at the new custom parts location.

Something I was surprised to not immediately see people making, heat shield tiles. Just little squares that can go on the side/bottom of rockets instead of lumpy dome-shaped heat shields. They don't make seams when you stack them next to each other and are also skinnable.

I will say, they are definitely overpowered and I can kind of see why Stef didn't make them vanilla. But hey, I'm not here to judge you if you can make use of 'em. Go nuts.

Google Drive - heatshieldtiles.pack

View attachment 86168
View attachment 86170
SHEESH dread is on a custom part creation rampage