Help with render distance

RealFakeRealGDCat

Man on the Moon
Registered
So i wanna launch a 90km tall rocket in rss sfs scale but the rocket disappears and never comes back when i zoom out past something like 40km i have no pics but i need a fix

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
A 90 km tall rocket?! :eek:
SFS is not designed to handle objects that large. Normally the game only takes into account objects within a radius of 5 km to calculate all sorts of interaction (drag, collision...). I have no explanation in your case but it's not very surprising that you encounter some problems.

lashlbhat

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Wait, a 90 km tall rocket?! You're gonna start 10 km below the Karman line, buddy

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
So i wanna launch a 90km tall rocket in rss sfs scale but the rocket disappears and never comes back when i zoom out past something like 40km i have no pics but i need a fix
Rockets that are beyond 5 kilometers from you do not show up. This also applies when you zoom out.

RealFakeRealGDCat

Man on the Moon
Registered
SFS is not designed to handle objects that large. Normally the game only takes into account objects within a radius of 5 km to calculate all sorts of interaction (drag, collision...). I have no explanation in your case but it's not very surprising that you encounter some problems.
using real scale

RealFakeRealGDCat

Man on the Moon
Registered
had a 17km tall rocket once using steam and vanilla upgrades and that worked smoothly
17 > 5

RealFakeRealGDCat

Man on the Moon
Registered
both are above 5km but thats a big diffrence between 90 and 17. I just wanna know is there any way to make rocket sizes literally unlimited in render distances

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
both are above 5km but thats a big diffrence between 90 and 17. I just wanna know is there any way to make rocket sizes literally unlimited in render distances
Not to my knowledge. As I said the game is simply not done for that. If it works at some point then all good for you, but if it doesn't then don't search too far.
I don't see why you absolutely need a 90 km tall rocket though.

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Not to my knowledge. As I said the game is simply not done for that. If it works at some point then all good for you, but if it doesn't then don't search too far.
I don't see why you absolutely need a 90 km tall rocket though.
cargo

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Since it is not realistic anyway and you already build nice and huge rocket, now just teleport all cargo to its destination and that is all. You can teleport manually by editing quicksave file even in iOS or Android version of SFS.

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
“I don’t see why you would need a 90km tall rocket”
he would need it for cargo obviously, what else would you think it was?
nuclear warfare? I apologise of my answer did not contain enough context, I’ll try and include more context next time :)

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
“I don’t see why you would need a 90km tall rocket”
he would need it for cargo obviously, what else would you think it was?
nuclear warfare? I apologise of my answer did not contain enough context, I’ll try and include more context next time :)
Thanks for the clarification but what I meant is more general: you often type very short answers, over your 15 last contributions 8 consist in a single word. And just repeating the same single word when you're asked for precisions is clearly low effort. The same as you didn't fully understand what I meant by "Rule 11", don't expect people to understand you mean if you don't make a minimum of efforts. Nobody reads your mind.

Regarding the topic, I don't see why such a big rocket is needed for cargo.
Spaceflight Simulator_2023-05-14-11-16-58.jpg
This rocket can send 1000 tons to orbit in realistic. This is already huge, and it's not even a kilometer tall. I practically never use it, I don't need such power, so a 90 km tall rocket...

Last edited:

Phoenix Aerospace

Atlas
Copycat
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Thanks for the clarification but what I meant is more general: you often type very short answers, over your 15 last contributions 8 consist in a single word. And just repeating the same single word when you're asked for precisions is clearly low effort. The same as you didn't fully understand what I meant by "Rule 11", don't expect people to understand you if you don't make a minimum of efforts. Nobody reads your mind.

Regarding the topic, I don't see why such a big rocket is needed for cargo.
View attachment 103287
This rocket can send 1000 tons to orbit in realistic. This is already huge, and it's not even a kilometer tall. I practically never use it, I don't need such power, so a 90 km tall rocket...
i am not really that type of person to write long sentences, but I’ll try and include more effort in my posts.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Its Apollo Hypercubed; to the moon and back four times in RSS
Oh, I see. The idea in itself is nice (though it's very brutal), but I'm afraid you'll have to deal with the game limitations. You know, it's originally a mobile game.