Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 12.17.21.png

Quick space station; Uses some mods

Generates power and can store it as a bit of a power refueling station

Has a death laser to prevent any enemy craft from boarding (darned feds)

Has a nuclear bomb as a last resort kamikaze option

had 6 escape pods (i launched one)

Uses RTGS and Solar panels for power

Ion propelled

6 Launches to build it

mostly LEO

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
I'm working on a large mission to add space infrastructure across the solar system, I'm Calling it:

Project Bolivar
Project objective: Create Infrastructure to aid in future missions in the outer solar system.
Phase 1: Orbital Shipyard and construction of the Columbia 1
Phase 2: Build A mars base and mining stations then refuel the Columbia 1
Phase 3: Build A base on a moon of jupiter.
Ships to be designed and used:
Phase 1 - Reusable Shuttle to bring ship parts to orbit, Columbia 1 Cargo Ship
Phase 2 - Low gravity mining equipment for phobos and deimos, Reusable Cargo Ships to bring raw material from the mining stations to the mars refining station. Cargo ship to bring fuel from mars base to orbit, Cargo ship to bring fuel from mars orbit to earth orbit.
Phase 3 - Mining equipment for the moons of Jupiter, Cargo ships to transport raw materials to the main base, Cargo ships to transport materials between the moons of jupiter, Ships to transport things from the moons of jupiter to the mars base.

Although Project bolivar will be time consuming and expensive It is worth the cost for the infastructure. I will carry out this plan over the next few weeks so stay tuned

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Phase 1 has been completed, My station has been absorbed into the new shipyard and the Columbia 1 was completed, I then piloted the ship (with long annoying ion burns) to deimos and established a base, I've decided to retire the columbia 1 instead of using it for phase 3 because it is an awfu
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 02.29.49.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 02.30.16.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 02.32.25.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 02.46.25.png
l ship.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
After heavy mining of the base area we've gotten quite a few materials, though it seems very dry now; So next order of businesss is a mars base.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 07.07.16.png
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 07.07.23.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright I've gone through my posts and realized my build style kind of sucks, So i've been experimenting a bit with using designs of antiquity in my rockets, I've also begun de-orbiting portions of space station that i really don't need.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 00.29.33.png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 00.30.54.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, With just two cargo rockets i've managed to get a start on phobos, Soon i'll have the materials to launch the Columbia 2.
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 05.34.06.png

But i swear the moreparts mod makes it actually reasonable to build settlements, not just for fun but so you can use them for future missions; Stef should add this stuff to the base game honestly. Except for the hinge, that part sucks.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
The Columbia 2 was a colossal failure;
Columbia 3 is under construction. Check the YT vid's description if you want to know what went wrong.

Columbia Two
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.23.54.png
Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 11.24.35.png

Rocket Link

Requires: Ksp pack, Some tex packs, heat tiles, lasers mod, and more... really it sucks, the cargo ships don't even deploy right.

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Nice ship.
Why does one of the screenshots have part of the U.S. capital building on a rocket tho
Alright I've gone through my posts and realized my build style kind of sucks, So i've been experimenting a bit with using designs of antiquity in my rockets, I've also begun de-orbiting portions of space station that i really don't need.
Below what I qouted

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Well, Quite a bit of classical architecture uses pillars and the amerikaans capital takes inspiration from that. ex:
pantheon--rome--italy-870287362-5a87671b6bf06900375c06f2-1092300122.jpg

bc63e182453693e5ab4203785a4b0607-163911634.jpg
us-capitol-building-826991_1920-1-3149037917.jpg

And since most of my ships end up in space as part of a station, left until i accidentally blow it up, Or stuck on some remote world in an unused base, Might aswell make it look like a building eh? If you have any suggestions for me to make my builds actually look good and not just stealing from the romans i'd be glad to hear, please anything is better than this torment.

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Lol nice. Well I would definitely expirement with fairings and fuel tanks with widths altered by 0.1 or 0.05. You can add little details using flat textures or make details on your fuel tank that won't be covered by using fairings with the "Edges Faces" texture.

Fuel tanks can be very annoying, but fairings will layer above those, so most details made with fairings will remain "at the front", whereas fuel tanks will stay "at the bottom" of the order. I think you should try not to have big long fuel tanks with just the basic texture. Try to break it up with "Rivets" or "Nozzle_4" textures (Shape.tex not Color.tex) and add some pipe details using very small fairings.

On bigger ships you may need to keep the part count down for lag issues idk, but otherwise sprinkle some more parts on your rockets. Just not in the haphazard way, in the decorating a cake way, or idk i don't have a good metaphor.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
My problem regrettably isn't knowing how to do the thing, but knowing what thing to make. Like what sort of details should i add to make it look better (considering the pillars didn't exactly work), Like if i wanted the ship to look more sci-fi and cool and less like a flat brick; How would i do that? outside of just experimenting of course. Are there any like image references folk use for details?

MonkeSpaceflight

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Well, I edited the post so you can read that. I don't know of images exactly, I do sometimes look up reference images. Use angles and little details as much as you can but make sure not to clutter your rocket too much so it looks ugly.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, Since the ITSA has begun working on a weapon to counter long ranged missiles, I need a counter to their counter; And such:
Nuclear Missile fighter. The nuclear missile fighter is a long range missile, that also has guns attached. So that the user can simply shoot a hole through the enemy defense, Fly themselves into the center of the enemy ship and detonate a nuclear warhead. Rocket Link
Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.55.23.png

Screenshot 2024-04-19 at 10.55.30.png

Here's the delta V stuff per stage:
1 - 829.8
2 - 1806
3 - 1986.5
4 - 1903.3
5 - 4461.7

total d/v

10,987.3 m/s

It should have enough delta v to get you to the enemy, as long as they haven't put their base on the sun. or in a foreign star. It should have enough delta V for anything within the Sol system

Requires: The laser mod, Kerbal Flight Sim

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
My problem regrettably isn't knowing how to do the thing, but knowing what thing to make. Like what sort of details should i add to make it look better (considering the pillars didn't exactly work), Like if i wanted the ship to look more sci-fi and cool and less like a flat brick; How would i do that? outside of just experimenting of course. Are there any like image references folk use for details?
So real :(

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Alright, Since i'm gonna start sending really heavy things into orbit i figure i mightaswell make a scalable launch system, this one is inspired by axiom's: Ultra Heavy Launch Vehicle Development
It is very similar except that I use stuff from KFS so that my computer doesn't strangle me. KFS has some high efficiency engines with high thrust so it isn't too hard. The engines are at 15 degrees for boosters, and the steering gimbal engines are just at the bottom of each stage.
Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 09.30.09.png

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
In the example image i showed the payload was 1 kiloton, though i had an additional stage that was unneeded. The system can be scaled up for any size of payload and any destination, or it can be scaled down for a smaller payload. A theoretical minimum would just be using really small efficient engines like ions or something.

mariohobbs

Modder
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
Did you know that all sides of a hollow heat shield protect whats inside of em? Even the empty side? Well apparently my game thinks so. Which allows me to do something like this:
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 15.46.35.png
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 15.47.01.png

Anyways due to outdated software issued by apple every single hobbs space program ship, device and more has been destroyed.