How can I fix this terrain bug?

Len

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Something similar happened to me four months ago, and the solution was changing my phone language to English. The bug was caused because some languages use "," for decimal numbers instead of ".". I don't know if that will fix the bug, but you could try.

An interstellar Visitor

Man on the Moon
Registered
Something similar happened to me four months ago, and the solution was changing my phone language to English. The bug was caused because some languages use "," for decimal numbers instead of ".". I don't know if that will fix the bug, but you could try.
Also I am not using any language files

§PaCëØddît¥

Man on the Moon
Registered
I believe what Len was saying is that the syntax in some languages uses a comma instead of a period for DECIMAL numbers. i.e. 1,234 instead of 1.234 . Can we see the planet files?

An interstellar Visitor

Man on the Moon
Registered
I believe what Len was saying is that the syntax in some languages uses a comma instead of a period for DECIMAL numbers. i.e. 1,234 instead of 1.234 . Can we see the planet files?
The problem is in the titan file, plus the Laythe heightmap isn't mine though (it's owned by Flight Russian Man.)

Attachments

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
The problem is that value:
Screenshot_20221213-184039_Chrome.jpg

This parameter is the distance over which is mapped the specified terrain. For example if you put 1000.0, the game will reproduce the "Laythe" terrain over 1000 meters, then it will do the same for the following next 1000 meters, and so on until the circumference is fully mapped.

It's suitable to have a terrain mapped an integer number of times, so that the mapping algorithm doesn't finish the job while still not having reached the end of the terrain.

In your case the planet radius is 129000 meters:
Screenshot_20221213-184010_Chrome.jpg
So the circumference is:
2×π×radius = 810530.9m

Your terrain is mapped over 3141592.6 meters, it cannot even be mapped once entirely because the planet circumference is not that big. This results in that anomaly because the last point doesn't have the same altitude as the first point.

You have to use 810530.9, or that value divided by an integer, this should solve your problem.

An interstellar Visitor

Man on the Moon
Registered
The problem is that value:
View attachment 94983

This parameter is the distance over which is mapped the specified terrain. For example if you put 1000.0, the game will reproduce the "Laythe" terrain over 1000 meters, then it will do the same for the following next 1000 meters, and so on until the circumference is fully mapped.

It's suitable to have a terrain mapped an integer number of times, so that the mapping algorithm doesn't finish the job while still not having reached the end of the terrain.

In your case the planet radius is 129000 meters:
View attachment 94984
So the circumference is:
2×π×radius = 810530.9m

Your terrain is mapped over 3141592.6 meters, it cannot even be mapped once entirely because the planet circumference is not that big. This results in that anomaly because the last point doesn't have the same altitude as the first point.

You have to use 810530.9, or that value divided by an integer, this should solve your problem.
Oh dang, it actually fixed it! Thanks Altair!