how can i make textures

Heady

Registered
Hey !

I want to make my soyuz rocket but i just cant add flags to it so i want to make my own texture
but i still couldn't figure it out,if you can help me,please tell

Thanks !
(sorry for the bad english)

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hello Heady,

I can't answer myself, but I suggest that you have a look at some of the texture packs, download them, and see what they are made from: Texture Packs

To make your own textures I guess you'd simply need an image software like gimp, or more simply Paint.

However if your concern is making a Soyuz, maybe have a look at the existing packs, the Soyuz is a popular demand and some stuff probably already exists for the Soyuz.

Heady

Registered
Hello Heady,

I can't answer myself, but I suggest that you have a look at some of the texture packs, download them, and see what they are made from: Texture Packs

To make your own textures I guess you'd simply need an image software like gimp, or more simply Paint.

However if your concern is making a Soyuz, maybe have a look at the existing packs, the Soyuz is a popular demand and some stuff probably already exists for the Soyuz.
thanks !

Akmaster

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I want to make my soyuz rocket but i just cant add flags to it so i want to make my own texture
Hello! There are some texture packs that have Soyuz textures in Textures. But if you want to make textures of your own, here's a guide:-

First, install Texture Loader properly first. (obviously)
Install the References.zip in the TextureLoader download page as well.

Make a folder inside Spaceflight Simulator_data>TextureLoader>ColorTextures with the name of your texture. Put your texture inside the folder, The texture can be anything you want, just that it has to be in a .png format.
Extract References.zip, go into any texture's folder and copy config.txt. Paste config.txt in your texture's folder.
Open the config.txt in your texture's folder and edit these:-
Screenshot 2022-05-26 153702.png

Edit the text in the red circle to your texture's name, anything you want to name it. The name you are editing will be different from the one in my picture.
Edit the text in the orange circle to your texture's file name, (i recommend you change your texture.png's name to what you want your texture's name to be.) like Orange.png

Screenshot 2022-05-26 154134.png

Next, if your texture is a colour, edit the orange circle in the above picture to "Stretch" if your texture is a colour.
And if your texture is a logo, edit the orange circle to "Logo" if your texture is a logo.

Save the changes, open up your game, you should see your texture loaded into your game!

hope I didn't miss anything.