How do I make engine mods myself?

TheRealSheep5

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
So I have a build that's supposed to be methalox and none of the engine mods that I have installed are good enough to replicate what I wanna make (I've mixed a bunch of engines together and bp edited them too to try and have them be what I want but I'm lazy and got bored of doing it. Plus I want it to be simple.

So I got the devious plan of making my own engine mod. But I don't know where to start.

yonkee

Queen of Awesome
Staff member
Team Kolibri
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
MOTY 2022
i have zero experience with modding, however I believe this thread may be able to provide you with some helpful info

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
You have to download Unity and the modding toolkit: GitHub - Stef-Moroyna/Spaceflight-Simulator--ModdingToolkit
You'll find more informations on the Discord server in the modding channel, or some modders from this forum may be able to help you.
However, I want to warn you, making a custom engine is way more difficult than bp editing. I hope you have a powerful computer too.

TheRealSheep5

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
You have to download Unity and the modding toolkit: GitHub - Stef-Moroyna/Spaceflight-Simulator--ModdingToolkit
You'll find more informations on the Discord server in the modding channel, or some modders from this forum may be able to help you.
However, I want to warn you, making a custom engine is way more difficult than bp editing. I hope you have a powerful computer too.
a...a powerful computer?

is it that much of a task to run Unity?

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
a...a powerful computer?

is it that much of a task to run Unity?
This is a greedy tool yes. I can't tell you "how powerful" it needs to be, but if you have a potato computer it may not be a good idea. However Unity is free, you can try to install and run it and see the result, you have nothing to lose.

Norman5

Registered
I live in a country where 55 Dollars is more than 1000 of my currency I would like to know how to use odin inspectors free trial I can't get it with out it taking me to the buy page

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I live in a country where 55 Dollars is more than 1000 of my currency I would like to know how to use odin inspectors free trial I can't get it with out it taking me to the buy page
You normally have a 3-months trial period when you install it the first time. However if you already consumed it I don't think there's any alternative.