Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Hi Lukun7 and welcome to the forum :)

Unfortunately there are not much tutorials on modding, but it's not that complicated.

The resources you can find for modding are located under directory:
My files > Internal storage > Android > data > com.StefMorojna.SpaceFlightSimulator > files

From there, under Resources > Planet Data you can find all planet files under text format. You can resize the planets, tweak their gravity... You can even use custom textures that you will have to place under Resources > Textures.

Under Saving > Blueprints, you'll find all your registered rocket blueprints. those are bp files, but they are in text format. It's possible to edit a blueprint by changing its extension to ".txt", and to open it with a text editor.

Under Saving > Worlds > main, you'll find your game saves. Those are qks files, but again they are in text format. It's not advised to mess with the "Persistant.qks" file (this is the file the game will load when you resume game), but your personal saves are accesible and can be edited too.

Just a general advice, always make a backup when you want to modify a file, because it's very easy to mess up!

Thanks, but how do I download mods that I can download from the web, like the bigger grid mod? I watched a video that says I'll need an edited version of SFS, but I don't know how to install it.

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
Thanks, but how do I download mods that I can download from the web, like the bigger grid mod? I watched a video that says I'll need an edited version of SFS, but I don't know how to install it.
Ah, this is different. As far as I know there's such a mod for 1.35 PC, but not for SFS under android.
Maybe such a version exists, but I guess that an "edited" version actually means a cracked version... Even if the intention is not to bypass the expansion fee, that's not something we may reference here.

But I'm not a modder, maybe people with more knowledge on this know a legit way? :rolleyes:

T

TtTOtW

Bigger grid? I know a little trick...

Build as much as you can, from the right or top of the craft. Place a single structural part in the lower left corner of the grid. Save.

Now go to the .bp you saved and edit it, right at the end the last part will be your structural part. Change its position x value to anywhere between 0.0 and -18.0, and don't forget the comma after it or else it won't load. This shifts your build right. Or else, for a tall build, change the y value to between 0.0 and -65.0 and make sure you don't put a comma behind it. Your build will move up. Do not do both values. Save.

Now load the blueprint in-game and enjoy the extra space :D

T

The Dark in the Light

Build as much as you can, from the right or top of the craft. Place a single structural part in the lower left corner of the grid. Save.

Now go to the .bp you saved and edit it, right at the end the last part will be your structural part. Change its position x value to anywhere between 0.0 and -18.0, and don't forget the comma after it or else it won't load. This shifts your build right. Or else, for a tall build, change the y value to between 0.0 and -65.0 and make sure you don't put a comma behind it. Your build will move up. Do not do both values. Save.

Time to give this a try!

Space pilot

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered

I wanted to give likes to this post