Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Hi all,
Altough I am not new to SFS but I think I have some holes in knowledge. So how to add some completely new textures to fuel tanks, etc? And I hear many times about clipped engines and skreched engines. I know how to clip engines but I dont know how skrech engine? Thanks for response

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
"Skrech" engines? You mean "stretched" engines? If so, why do you want to learn that? Everyone hates stretched engines.

SFSAbhishek

/<***@Intricate Crafts are Mine✓***>\
Star Forger
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Hi all,
Altough I am not new to SFS but I think I have some holes in knowledge. So how to add some completely new textures to fuel tanks, etc?
Here is all the things that you can do with the fuel tank:
Screenshot_2021-07-11-07-48-25-975_com.miui.gallery.jpg

And I hear many times about clipped engines and skreched engines. I know how to clip engines but I dont know how skrech engine? Thanks for response
Stretching an Engine is just changing the Orientation (x,y) values of the engine through bp editing. But in this only changing the y values will change the power and size of the engine, changing the x values will only make it look wider.
But also in that case SFS could not add the extra weight of the new expanded engine, i:e a normal engine and a 100x times streched engine will have the same weight.
So to deal with this we add dead weight to make the craft more realistic.How much dead weight is needed?
I think that's all, surely ask if any more doubts.

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Thanks, I only want know how strech engine. And textures too OK. So I cant add my own textures?

Loxy

TEAM HAWK
Under Pressure
Registered
Your own textures? Go to 1.35. Only here you can. Or make mod by yourself to 1.5 for adding own textures

Pink

(Mooncrasher)
Staff member
Team Valiant
Discord Staff
Voyager Quest
Man on the Moon
Forum Legend
I'd like to restate that modding 1.5 is illegal. And that's it.

AstronautAdam

Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Simple coding as editing planet data or textures are fine. But modding? No, that isnt my floor tile