how to hinge?

Gecko Gekkota

Former Empress of the AE
Forum Technician
iv'e seen many hinges, and attempted many of my own designs, and i'd like some help on creating working hinges in sfs, thank you

iv'e seen many hinges, and attempted many of my own designs, and i'd like some help on creating working hinges in sfs, thank you
Screenshot_2018-06-19-15-53-17.png

Not very compact but it works as a hinge
(Btw place the structures that will attatch the fairings after the fairing has been placed
This will make the bottomn half only detatch.

T

TtTOtW

Ok this is compact but stable, though use in gravity requires help from RCS or whatever. Came up with it from scratch but it is basically a tight version of a looser design by a YouTuber whose name I can't recall. Turn rover wheel off.
Screenshot_2018-06-20-01-34-16.png

T

TtTOtW

You have a lot of titles dude ?
Howd ya get em?
The Entrepreneur is like your Scientist Title. And I'm the Commander of the Solar Alliance, so that's obvious. So is Moderator and Staff Member. How to get the Customization option: advance to Veteran Astronaut or Expert, I don't know which but it's one of the two. I customized mine.

Om0r

Registered
Does anyone know how I could make a hinge like this that works as a ramp? So it would have to open more then 90 degrees. Thanks!

T

TtTOtW

Does anyone know how I could make a hinge like this that works as a ramp? So it would have to open more then 90 degrees. Thanks!
To date nobody has managed to design a hinge doing more than 90º that is stable and even remotely compact.