Retired Staff / Scale Inspector
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
The white srb? I think that was only possible in 1.4. Parts had to have contacting surfaces to be connected.

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Did he separate the fairings?

Marmilo

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Copycat
Registered
MOTY 2022
Make the orange tank a half fairing (without flat textures it would be crap), and put the whole fuel in the white srb. I'd still have to find a way to make the SRB in front...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Do you want a separatable booster, or do you want it to make orbit?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Do you want a separatable booster, or do you want it to make orbit?
Hello everyone! Its been a long time since I've been here. I want to make my space shuttle better so i need your help.
Im trying to make a separateable booster and it doesn't work.
Tell me what to do or give me some kind of tutorial please. Thanks!

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Well copy and pasted Mars Pathfinder, I'm capable of reading English quite competently.

My question still stands. Do you want the booster to 'separate' (which it doesn't. It detaches and then he has to clear it as debris). Or do you want the shuttle to actually get into orbit?

I'll explain that for your benefit Mars, as in does he just want the booster to separate, or does he physically want a working space shuttle. Clear enough?

Mars Pathfinder

«★★» CMDR «★★» // PT // FartFinder
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Well copy and pasted Mars Pathfinder, I'm capable of reading English quite competently.

My question still stands. Do you want the booster to 'separate' (which it doesn't. It detaches and then he has to clear it as debris). Or do you want the shuttle to actually get into orbit?
Idk its up to him...

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Oh I see...
But it seems he wanted to separate it from et....
I'm not sure how you thought it was directed at you, on his thread, quoting his post. But hey.

Let's try this a third time.

But it seems he wanted to separate it from et..
I get that. Again, I can read English. Guess I'll have to expand even further.

If he goes for a separating booster, it isn't going to make orbit. So you are either going to have a space shuttle with a partially functioning separating booster or a space shuttle that actually delivers payload into space.

So the question is (for hopefully the final time) do you want a separating booster, or do you want it to make orbit.

I'm not sure how you thought it was directed at you, on his thread, quoting his post. But hey.

Let's try this a third time.

I get that. Again, I can read English. Guess I'll have to expand even further.

If he goes for a separating booster, it isn't going to make orbit. So you are either going to have a space shuttle with a partially functioning separating booster or a space shuttle that actually delivers payload into space.

So the question is (for hopefully the final time) do you want a separating booster, or do you want it to make orbit.
I already made a Shuttle to make an orbit. I need a separateable booster and i will make it usable

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Then you know that the booster in the video doesn't separate? It just comes loose and he has to clear it manually?

you also know that your shuttle (unless you've kicked the ass out of frontier spam) isn't powerful enough to continue lifting the orbiter and the ET after the boosters have gone.

And you also know that because you've used multiple titans on the booster, that burns fuel faster than the transfer of fuel happens, so they should very quickly burn out. Only they won't, cos it triggers an exploit where titans run indefinitely when having fuel transfered into them from elsewhere.

Then you know that the booster in the video doesn't separate? It just comes loose and he has to clear it manually?

you also know that your shuttle (unless you've kicked the ass out of frontier spam) isn't powerful enough to continue lifting the orbiter and the ET after the boosters have gone.

And you also know that because you've used multiple titans on the booster, that burns fuel faster than the transfer of fuel happens, so they should very quickly burn out. Only they won't, cos it triggers an exploit where titans run indefinitely when having fuel transfered into them from elsewhere.
I know all those problems my shuttle has.
For now i want to get the booster to separate/come loose and then i will try and make it better