i know this might seem verry abusive to our dear game but we are makeing another game by redoing sfs orignal

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
If you intend to literally redo SFS you'd encounter copyright issues as it may be considered plagiarism. Nothing prevents you from doing your own space game though, but I wish you good luck.

You can consider modding the game however.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
we are planning to take 20percent of the game to make our game which is sandbox and campaign
This is literally plagiarism. Even if it's only about a fraction of the game you would run into copyright issues if you released it. But why not "simply" doing a campaign mod in this case? This is allowed and I'm sure that it would be very popular. The sandbox part is already done so you could focus on the campaign part.

However this is a big project, I hope you know what you're doing. I'll be frank, if you have no experience at modding then it's not a good idea. You should start with something more basic to learn the basis.

Altaïr

Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
we plan to take the games resources and do a complete makeover to the desings
Once again, for the purpose of making a mod it's fine, it's even welcome. But if you make and release your own app from it it will be considered as piracy. And that's something about which we are very severe. It's not a threat, but I prefer to tell you, you have to be aware of the consequences.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Make a mod. Don't just sell Stef's work as your own.

Kirbyisbest

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
I have as feeling this will be a disaster (well it is so far) at this point, also, your title is a bit off, might seem very abusive? It is, not might. We? More like you. Also, one question, why are you doing this? The last time someone done just that was a complete flop (not my screenshot)
Screenshot_20221120-000208_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:
hello i read your replies they were quite overwhelming ... anyways what we are doing is not sfs - 3d its another sandbox 2d game like ksp or rfs2 or like i said sfs

Kirbyisbest

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
hello i read your replies they were quite overwhelming ... anyways what we are doing is not sfs - 3d its another sandbox 2d game like ksp or rfs2 or like i said sfs
Oh so you're saying to make another 2d simulator that isnt sfs like. (Also SR2 is 3d and KSP is on PC and is 3d)

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
update status stefs work is in 2dd core our studio has decided to make the game in 3d core so gday and gdbye
Your studio? Any links to your website or something? I dont want to accusse anyone of anything, but this doesnt seem like a legit thing

currently we do not have any identification or proofs to show you but i can tell you this it is a group of 3 high school students one dev one designer and one more designer

It's all about FAMILY

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Copycat
Registered
You'll never get anywhere if you do not respect and honour the work of those who came before you. This entire thread is testament to your disrespect. Thus, I don't see things ending well for you. Change your attitude and then MAYBE you will not crash and burn when it'll hurt the most. Leave Stef's code alone. Write your own.

GSP

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Oh so you're saying to make another 2d simulator that isnt sfs like. (Also SR2 is 3d and KSP is on PC and is 3d)
Uh Oh, hey Kirby, also, This thread is talking about piracy! If you don't stop Altaïr will delete your account.

Kirbyisbest

ET phone home
Floater
Man on the Moon
Registered
Uh Oh, hey Kirby, also, This thread is talking about piracy! If you don't stop Altaïr will delete your account.
This isnt about piracy it's about making an original game about spaceflight. And I'm not gonna tell YOU what piracy is because we'll be banned because of that :rolleyes:. Read carefully please.