Ideas for future updates.

Josh H.

Registered
List your ideas for future updates below. Mine is suspension for rovers and drogue chutes for landers (parachutes for higher altitudes but do less slowing down than regular parachutes).

It was an open thread before, not a bad idea to start a clean idea thread with the big new not quite here update anyway...
Good ideas there, suspension and drogue chutes...
General rover build improvements would be nice, I’ll ad nauseam a bypass system and a hitch...a train crawler/flexible ground base be so cool

BANDWITH

Embodiment of Made In Abyss spoilers
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Man on the Moon
Registered
allow the *\0/* emoticon be be usable as a save name, it doesn't work for me :,(((

Lt. Snakestrike

The Kronian Serpent; Engineering Student
Head Professor
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
allow the *\0/* emoticon be be usable as a save name, it doesn't work for me :,(((
It's never gonna work man, the backslash dictates another folder down in the file address. There's a reason.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
I heard it a hundred times, I want an update. Update! Update! Update!
What on the update is going to change the way you play the game? Apart from a USA sticker on the side, a slightly more powerful hawk engine, re-worked drag that won't change anything you do and orbits that are going to be slightly wonky but that won't really change anything you know how to do.

What else? A slightly shinier UI? A bit cooler looking planet zoom in?

Be cool, it'll arrive when it arrives and not single dummy you spit out will speed that up.

Blazer Ayanami

Space Shuttle enthusiast // Retired Admin
Registered
Forum Legend
What on the update is going to change the way you play the game? Apart from a USA sticker on the side, a slightly more powerful hawk engine, re-worked drag that won't change anything you do and orbits that are going to be slightly wonky but that won't really change anything you know how to do.

What else? A slightly shinier UI? A bit cooler looking planet zoom in?

Be cool, it'll arrive when it arrives and not single dummy you spit out will speed that up.
Weeeeeell, you've just reduced Stef's months and months of work into practically nothingness.

Horus Lupercal

Primarch - Warmaster
Professor
Swingin' on a Star
Deja Vu
Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Floater
Copycat
Registered
Weeeeeell, you've just reduced Stef's months and months of work into practically nothingness.
3a94mw.jpg

Ha, sorry.

Realistically what in these super hyped peeks is going to change the way you're going to do business in-game? A bit more power and re-worked orbits isn't going to hugely affect how the players play.
Don't get me wrong, he's put the graft in to set the conditions that will change the game massively, especially once you have to worry about re-entry.
But a real game changer isn't going to be skins or overlapping fairings or astro-bloody-nauts, it'll be moving parts. A piston and a hinge. That will revolutionise everything.
New skins is going to be great for about the 1 millionth Saturn V that'll inevitability be built, but after that? The new building screen UI will make life easier with the multiple part selection / manipulation, but it's not going to change what you make, just how quickly it's made.

I'm not excited for 1.5. 1.5 isn't the update we're expecting, but it's the update that's needed before the update we're expecting. 1.6/1.7 are going to be the game changers.

View attachment 26844

Ha, sorry.

Realistically what in these super hyped peeks is going to change the way you're going to do business in-game? A bit more power and re-worked orbits isn't going to hugely affect how the players play.
Don't get me wrong, he's put the graft in to set the conditions that will change the game massively, especially once you have to worry about re-entry.
But a real game changer isn't going to be skins or overlapping fairings or astro-bloody-nauts, it'll be moving parts. A piston and a hinge. That will revolutionise everything.
New skins is going to be great for about the 1 millionth Saturn V that'll inevitability be built, but after that? The new building screen UI will make life easier with the multiple part selection / manipulation, but it's not going to change what you make, just how quickly it's made.

I'm not excited for 1.5. 1.5 isn't the update we're expecting, but it's the update that's needed before the update we're expecting. 1.6/1.7 are going to be the game changers.
Im really excited for it, because it will allow us to chase down some highly eccentric Asteroids, which (in SR atleast) was really fun