IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT DLC TO GET GET REDSTONE ATLAS

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
can't edit the original comment, but it turns out according to my testing that the only thing that you can make this happen with this way is a valiant engine, but if you attach something to the reliant engine then it will be off-centered like the engine is so yeah you can do this with any part that has a blue dot when you move it.

edit: further testing shows that if the part you want to be edited does not have a blue dot when you move it, you can select a part that does and then use the valiant engine to adapt it.

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
15 minute limit to edit has passed, so new comment. it turns out that if you just place the atlas tank next to the already placed cover it would make it to where you can have a seven wide fuel tank.

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thank you very mush SHΔRD Aerospace, that is really awesome!

I very much like doing maximum efficiency rockets, which are 100% without clipping, 100% without any cheating, and 100% without any BP editing or parts editing or custom parts.

And inability to make parts move by half of small square was very big limitation and prevented many interesting high efficiency ideas. Now i can do that with your method. And now you even showed how to make 7-wide fuel tanks, i can find where i could squeeze it too! :)

Plus I am sure we can find a way to move other rocket parts by half small square, not only Valiant engine and things which can be attacked to it. Plus there is one more interesting implementation of your discovery:

1681741950880.png

Look at the arrow - i can go off the grid a little without any cheats or any BP editing or infinite building area. This allows to squeze more fuel into the launcher. But my way (above the arrow) did only X.8 wide tanks, so it is 4.8, 6.8, 8.8, 10.8, 12.8 and 14.8 wide fuel tanks, while your way allows also 7 wide tanks and editor accepts it been off the grid. That extra width goes off the grid and allows to add some more tons of fuel to the big rocket, since now it is 0.5 off width off the grid instead of 0.4 as i had before.

Here is another nice trick i found:

1681742316007.png

Left side is before connecting lower piece from below, right side is after connecting it.

And now you can do tower cones at the upper and of your fuel towers beyond blurprint grid, making the fuel tanks up to the last square, instead of wasting last upper squares for cones.

If your rocket design permits, you can use smaller cones to not waste extra weight for too big cones above grid, because you can't put anything inside that off-the-grid space anyway:

1681742663216.png

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
There is a very simple way actually:

1681744853920.png

We simply attach ANYTHING to atlas 7-wide piece from below or from above, and then we simply select the entire group of objects and connect them to Cover part to the left from red arrow. After that connection the entire group of all attached pieces shifts for 1/2 of small square. Any object can be shifted.

The same can be done vertically instead of horizontally. Thus every object, every building piece - can be moved half small square in any direction both vertically and horizontally and then it can connect to anything without any problems.

Catalyst_Kh

TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Look at the arrow - i can go off the grid a little without any cheats or any BP editing or infinite building area. This allows to squeze more fuel into the launcher. But my way (above the arrow) did only X.8 wide tanks, so it is 4.8, 6.8, 8.8, 10.8, 12.8 and 14.8 wide fuel tanks, while your way allows also 7 wide tanks and editor accepts it been off the grid. That extra width goes off the grid and allows to add some more tons of fuel to the big rocket, since now it is 0.5 off width off the grid instead of 0.4 as i had before.
Now actually any rocket part can be off the grid for 1/2 of small square and editor accepts it. Both vertically and horizontally.

You can even attach your entire rocket to atlas tank and then shift your entire rocket for 1/4 of big square horizontally or vertically with this tank.

Last edited:

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
There is a very simple way actually:

View attachment 101937

We simply attach ANYTHING to atlas 7-wide piece from below or from above, and then we simply select the entire group of objects and connect them to Cover part to the left from red arrow. After that connection the entire group of all attached pieces shifts for 1/2 of small square. Any object can be shifted.

The same can be done vertically instead of horizontally. Thus every object, every building piece - can be moved half small square in any direction both vertically and horizontally and then it can connect to anything without any problems.
I was just about to post that I found out that you can do that!

Cresign

Spiller of the Milky Way • Rocket Gluer
Christmas Event Category Winner
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Deja Vu
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Thank you very mush SHΔRD Aerospace, that is really awesome!

I very much like doing maximum efficiency rockets, which are 100% without clipping, 100% without any cheating, and 100% without any BP editing or parts editing or custom parts.

And inability to make parts move by half of small square was very big limitation and prevented many interesting high efficiency ideas. Now i can do that with your method. And now you even showed how to make 7-wide fuel tanks, i can find where i could squeeze it too! :)

Plus I am sure we can find a way to move other rocket parts by half small square, not only Valiant engine and things which can be attacked to it. Plus there is one more interesting implementation of your discovery:

View attachment 101934

Here is another nice trick i found:

View attachment 101935

Left side is before connecting lower piece from below, right side is after connecting it.

And now you can do tower cones at the upper and of your fuel towers beyond blurprint grid, making the fuel tanks up to the last square, instead of wasting last upper squares for cones.

If your rocket design permits, you can use smaller cones to not waste extra weight for too big cones above grid, because you can't put anything inside that off-the-grid space anyway:

View attachment 101936
You can move any part by half a small square, just select it and a tank, then let the tank snap into the side cover adapt node together with the part, the tank will be offset, and so will be the part.

SHΔRD Aerospace

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
You can move any part by half a small square, just select it and a tank, then let the tank snap into the side cover adapt node together with the part, the tank will be offset, and so will be the part.
I could have sworn we already said that but we might not have so thanks