Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I agree that those missions are realistic.
Here's what you call Jupiter 4 and that I personally call the Galilean Tour... without ion engines, in a single launch: Jupiter's Moons Challenge (in 1.4)
Screenshot_20181002-190808_Spaceflight Simulator.jpg
Yes, this is only what was needed. Totally doable :)

You can also attempt a Grand Tour. Same, single launch, no ions: The Grand Tour!

It's not enough?

Ok you want something really crazy? Build a rocket able to leave Jupiter!
Jupiterized!
Ok, this time that was with no drag. With drag active, here it is:
Launching from saturn

Maybe something a little less crazy then? What about a Mercury return mission... in realistic!
Altaïr's crazy stuff

You see, honestly the only limit with this game is your imagination. To be honest I don't know what you expect from the future version in terms of new challenges...

Orion

Nuclear bombs in space, die-hard WALL-E fan.
Modder
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Under Pressure
Registered
Here's what you call Jupiter 4 and that I personally call the Galilean Tour... without ion engines, in a single launch: Jupiter's Moons Challenge (in 1.4)
View attachment 116023

You can also attempt a Grand Tour. Same, single launch, no ions: The Grand Tour!

It's not enough?

Jupiterized!
Launching from saturn

Maybe something a little less crazy then? What about a Mercury return mission... in realistic!
Altaïr's crazy stuff

You see, honestly the only limit with this game is your imagination. To be honest I don't know what you expect from the future version in terms of new challenges...
Just about the only challenges I'm expecting from the engine update, which I assume to be next, is more challenging staging design due to variable specific impulse. Other than that, I can't think of anything the new updates would add that would actually make the game more interesting for an extended period of time.

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
With more bugs, microtransactions and less care

1. You don't need to post it, just do it for the sake of the challenge
2. These aren't hard heres a list of why
  1. You don't need BP editing if you have infinite build space, doing the Atlas mission puts you 70% of the way there
  2. Jupiter 4 is kinda difficult (that's the point), but doablw with ions and the fact that the Galilean Moons' gravity has been nerfed (like ganymede's gravity was 5.81m/s^2 like what?)
  3. Difficult, but doable. Venus requires you to coat your modules with heat shields and quicksave a lot to hit your target but is overall doable. Mercury and Ganymede is just like building a base on the moon but with more gravity assists (and for ganymede a bit of management of the terrain)
  4. Difficult, but still doable. (admittedly it would be quite hard)
  5. Under Pressure literally doesn't allow you to BP edit, and you could easily put it there legally
  6. Copycat also doesn't require BP editing
  7. Deja Vu is possible without BP editing but would likely require a very funky looking rocket

You do have options of things to do, and the list I set out is nowhere near exhaustive
Copycat is quite literally impossible without BP editing. That’s the whole point of the challenge

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
View attachment 116023

It's not enough?

Jupiterized!
Launching from saturn

Altaïr's crazy stuff

The thing is I ran out of ideas a while ago. ADHD makes anything boring the second time around.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Copycat is quite literally impossible without BP editing. That’s the whole point of the challenge
Not necessarily, and even if it's impossible theres 6 other challenge ideas there for you to do

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
It’s different for every person. For me it means I get bored if I make things too similar.
POV when you have ADHD(Yes I do, but its a special kind), and you play SFS to pass the time and realize you are lucky as a non-dlc player with no mods and somehow gotta explore the solar system or something with the base parts.

NOG Aerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
POV when you have ADHD(Yes I do, but its a special kind), and you play SFS to pass the time and realize you are lucky as a non-dlc player with no mods and somehow gotta explore the solar system or something with the base parts.
Real struggle, it’s always a bit annoying trying to get references for missions or even download blueprints only to see a DLC part. I guess it’s a good thing though since it pushes me to try to do the same with the base game

Axiom

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I admire base gamers for being able to be creative and resourceful, I kinda regret getting the DLC before landing on the moon/mars to be honest

UN Cosmo Navy

Explorer Program Management - non-dlc
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Under Pressure
Registered
I admire base gamers for being able to be creative and resourceful, I kinda regret getting the DLC before landing on the moon/mars to be honest
It is best in my opinion before you get the DLC is master some part of the game first

Axiom

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Yeah, so the new parts don't completely overwhelm you, but I've already got skills in some parts of the game (arguably)

Mia

Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah, so the new parts don't completely overwhelm you, but I've already got skills in some parts of the game (arguably)
This will be my first major game update if new parts are added! I'm excited to see if a new update will even come out!

Axiom

TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
I was talking about base game to DLC, which you already have