Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
and mods take 22943284828 years to come out!
Not that I take that personally, but making mods requires time, we can't constantly pump out new mods like that.
Anyway if you are bored that's understandable. Have fun with whatever you like.

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Be Patient, I guess you weren't here for the great wait for 1.5

Also please try to condense your posts

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
bruh says the one that deletes a frickin part post with no pic Like you don't need a pic for EVERYTHING!
that’s not true if a blueprint is posted without a picture they ask for a picture

and fr calm down yah sfs updates are taking awhile but that doesn’t give you the power to pick on Staff like Altair that have no control over the updates if you don’t like sfs LeAvE

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
bruh says the one that deletes a frickin part post with no pic Like you don't need a pic for EVERYTHING!
1- You were kindly asked to provide a screenshot and a reasonable description to explain what your part pack was (supposing it was yours...). You refused to provide them, and only then I deleted your post. This was your choice.
2- Nobody but you has ever been needed to be told to provide those elements when posting a mod or a custom part pack. It looks natural to anybody but you.
3- How is that related to this discussion?

that’s not true if a blueprint is posted without a picture they ask for a picture

and fr calm down yah sfs updates are taking awhile but that doesn’t give you the power to pick on Staff like Altair that have no control over the updates if you don’t like sfs LeAvE
Exactly. Thanks.

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Mate you're acting like a 5 year old child, chill out and wait for 1.6 patiently like the rest of us

To pass the time you could do some of the rank missions here, and when you're done with that do some original missions, there's a lot of inpsiration in the Missions and Challenges section

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
You think that's how it works? You truly have no respect for the devs do you? :rolleyes:
Given that they have not given any sort of progress update like they used to I think they have no respect for their community and customers

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Given that they have not given any sort of progress update like they used to I think they have no respect for their community and customers
They are working, just be patient for the next update. Most Devs don't give status update so be lucky that stef interacted with us at all

Altaïr

Space Stig, Master of gravity
Staff member
Head Moderator
Team Kolibri
Modder
TEAM HAWK
Atlas
Deja Vu
Under Pressure
Forum Legend
I also regret that they don't communicate more, I guess they have their reasons, but I think it's abusive to consider it a lack if respect.
In this case in particular, I was answering to progamer00120 that considered a bugfix as a dumb update, and demanded SFS 1.6 to be released now, as if it was just a matter of pressing a button.

I can testify as a programmer myself that it takes time: I'm still working on ANAIS right now. For my defense I have little time to spend on it, but it's been months I haven't released anything and made any communication about it. Yet, those who are expecting an awesome release would be disappointed: I'm mostly working on fixing a few bugs, improving the behaviour of the algorithm, and optimizing it. Most players don't care about it, but still, I guess people are happy to have a reliable navigation algorithm that doesn't engulf all the CPU resources.
This is what makes me say that optimization is a work that people notice when it's not done.

The problem is probably different regarding SFS, but an update isn't just about "add water", "add astronauts", "add flags and rocks"... There are many problems that arise. For example if you add water to planets, you'll certainly have to modify the planet files format while making sure that you don't break all existing planet packs. We are not even talking about implementing buoyancy, water physics and so on, it's just about not breaking what already exists. There are many questions like this that players don't think about at first.

Again, I understand the criticism about the lack of communication, but those who think that Stef is just lazy really have no idea about what being a developer means.
For the little story, I remember a guy that claimed on the Steam discussions pages that Stef was just lazy, that himself has been a dev since 2016 and that the modders could release an update in no time if they wanted. I basically answered him "ok, show us since you're a dev". I'm still waiting :)

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
Yeah the devs really need to give us a progress update or something
Nah, it's not correct. As I've said before to many users with the same opinion, there are many fun and awesome things to do instead of desesperatedly waiting for a new update. Now the fact you guys don't find anything is your stuff. Meaning you are likely to be uncreative people.

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
don't be a fragile community that only depends on updates... be CREATIVE! this game needs a content revolution as many content creators just upload low quality content....

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
i really dislike this way to think. There have been games without being updated for years, and they're still alive, althought there's still yapping and quitting bc no updates, but thats fair because we're talking about SEVERAL YEARS instead of months.