im quitting SFS

DioSpaghetti

Man on the Moon
Registered
don't be a fragile community that only depends on updates... be CREATIVE! this game needs a content revolution as many content creators just upload low quality content....
I agree, though sometimes it feels like the game is going dry, and less and less original ideas can be done the longer we go without an update

Axiom

He who asks ten thousand questions
Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
i really dislike this way to think. There have been games without being updated for years, and they're still alive, althought there's still yapping and quitting bc no updates, but thats fair because we're talking about SEVERAL YEARS instead of months.
Hollow Knight and TF2 come to mind

progamer00120 you could:
Do the rank up missions here
build a base on Moon/Mars or any body (If you want a challenge I would go for either Ganymede, Venus or Mercury. I haven't actually seen bases for the last 2)
Build a large space station
Build a shuttle
Make a very large rocket (like can lift over one kiloton to LEO)
Make a very efficient rocket (Above 25% payload fraction)

Here's some ideas to pass the time

Last edited:

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
I agree, though sometimes it feels like the game is going dry, and less and less original ideas can be done the longer we go without an update
I agree with your opinion, that's completely true, but thankfully there's still plenty of things that weren't done or not done much

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Like I'm trying to make a 5 kiloton to orbit launcher, it's suprisingly hard when engine heat can decide to make your rocket spontaneously combust

ExoAerospace

Biker Mice from Mars
ET phone home
Voyager Quest
Floater
Registered
TBH there are many challenges i haven’t done I’m working on Team Hawks DejaVu Challenge its hard so its not there is nothing to do

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Nah, it's not correct. As I've said before to many users with the same opinion, there are many fun and awesome things to do instead of desesperatedly waiting for a new update. Now the fact you guys don't find anything is your stuff. Meaning you are likely to be uncreative people.
You kinda run out of stuff to do when iOS makes it stupidly hard to BP and planet edit

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
Kiloton Club?
Jupiter 4 mission?
Venus/Mercury/Ganymede Base?
A really big shuttle?
The other 3 Team Hawk missions?
You do have options (Like you don't have to do any of these, they're just ideas)

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I also regret that they don't communicate more, I guess they have their reasons, but I think it's abusive to consider it a lack if respect.
In this case in particular, I was answering to progamer00120 that considered a bugfix as a dumb update, and demanded SFS 1.6 to be released now, as if it was just a matter of pressing a button.

I can testify as a programmer myself that it takes time: I'm still working on ANAIS right now. For my defense I have little time to spend on it, but it's been months I haven't released anything and made any communication about it. Yet, those who are expecting an awesome release would be disappointed: I'm mostly working on fixing a few bugs, improving the behaviour of the algorithm, and optimizing it. Most players don't care about it, but still, I guess people are happy to have a reliable navigation algorithm that doesn't engulf all the CPU resources.
This is what makes me say that optimization is a work that people notice when it's not done.

The problem is probably different regarding SFS, but an update isn't just about "add water", "add astronauts", "add flags and rocks"... There are many problems that arise. For example if you add water to planets, you'll certainly have to modify the planet files format while making sure that you don't break all existing planet packs. We are not even talking about implementing buoyancy, water physics and so on, it's just about not breaking what already exists. There are many questions like this that players don't think about at first.

Again, I understand the criticism about the lack of communication, but those who think that Stef is just lazy really have no idea about what being a developer means.
For the little story, I remember a guy that claimed on the Steam discussions pages that Stef was just lazy, that himself has been a dev since 2016 and that the modders could release an update in no time if they wanted. I basically answered him "ok, show us since you're a dev". I'm still waiting :)
With a community this large and active it would make sense for the devs to interact with people. It is not very considerate for the devs to completely ignore a community that has been asking for any news for almost a year.

Also, on discord it says that Stef is working on the game as a full time developer. Any developer working full time on a game such as this would have made significant progress.

Back when Stef was posting updates about water in the deleted discord channel we were getting news every week or two until it suddenly stopped without warning or explanation. This is very strange especially given how fast he was progressing. If he had continued at that pace he could have easily finished water before last fall. Yet a year after this development started we have no news or anything about its current state.

I also doubt that Stef is working another job given that the game has profited over 1.5 million USD since its release on steam alone. Unless Stef made some really bad financial decisions he should have a lot of time to work on the game.

Lastly, the modding community has made incredible mods in this time. EmberSkyMedia alone has quadrupled the parts in the game and made many incredible parts in less time than it took Stef to make the redstone atlas pack.

I don’t really know what more to say except that this whole situation is very strange and does not make sense.

Last edited:

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
With a community this large and active it would make sense for the devs to interact with people. It is not very considerate for the devs to completely ignore a community that has been asking for any news for almost a year.
I guess, but consider AAA devs which are completely invisible, it's not perfect but fine.
Also, on discord it says that Stef is working on the game as a full time developer. Any developer working full time on a game such as this would have made significant progress.
No, you don't seem to understand how hard game development is. I'd say that SFS is being updated at a fairly decent rate (especially as it's a sandbox, do stuff to pass the time)

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
I guess, but consider AAA devs which are completely invisible, it's not perfect but fine.

No, you don't seem to understand how hard game development is. I'd say that SFS is being updated at a fairly decent rate (especially as it's a sandbox, do stuff to pass the time)
At least AAA devs give more frequent updates and usually a development roadmap

Hermes

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Moon Maker
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Fly me to the Moon
Registered
Kiloton Club?
Jupiter 4 mission?
Venus/Mercury/Ganymede Base?
A really big shuttle?
The other 3 Team Hawk missions?
You do have options (Like you don't have to do any of these, they're just ideas)
Most of those challenge threads have been dead a long time and are very hard to do without BP editing. The other hawk challenges are hard without BP editing as well. One of them is downright impossible without it.

Axiom

Team Judge
TEAM HAWK
Swingin' on a Star
Atlas
Under Pressure
Registered
At least AAA devs give more frequent updates and usually a development roadmap
With more bugs, microtransactions and less care
Most of those challenge threads have been dead a long time and are very hard to do without BP editing. The other hawk challenges are hard without BP editing as well. One of them is downright impossible without it.
1. You don't need to post it, just do it for the sake of the challenge
2. These aren't hard heres a list of why
  1. You don't need BP editing if you have infinite build space, doing the Atlas mission puts you 70% of the way there
  2. Jupiter 4 is kinda difficult (that's the point), but doablw with ions and the fact that the Galilean Moons' gravity has been nerfed (like ganymede's gravity was 5.81m/s^2 like what?)
  3. Difficult, but doable. Venus requires you to coat your modules with heat shields and quicksave a lot to hit your target but is overall doable. Mercury and Ganymede is just like building a base on the moon but with more gravity assists (and for ganymede a bit of management of the terrain)
  4. Difficult, but still doable. (admittedly it would be quite hard)
  5. Under Pressure literally doesn't allow you to BP edit, and you could easily put it there legally
  6. Copycat also doesn't require BP editing
  7. Deja Vu is possible without BP editing but would likely require a very funky looking rocket

You do have options of things to do, and the list I set out is nowhere near exhaustive

zTallsRobot

ET phone home
Man on the Moon
Registered
b r u h

you guys' world is really small (in sfs)